Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend...

Made over 100 rolls. Played soccer with Chad's family. Had a feast. Loved having my sister, Melanie, join us. Sang around a camp fire. Played games. Shopped all morning on Black Friday. Took a nap, very unusual. Had a girls night. Went to see Twilight, again. Had Pinkberry, YUM! Chad sanded, I primed and am going to paint the kids little table and chairs. Rented Fred Clause. So funny. Made cookies and ate a lot of them. Celebrated Christmas early.

We draw names for Christmas with Chad's siblings. I got his beautiful sister, Kelli, this year. I found the most adorable apron pattern online and had to get it. When I saw this material, I immediately thought of her. She will be spending Christmas with her husband's family so we celebrated over Thanksgiving weekend and I got to give her my gift early.
I didn't know I was going to have to make the material into bias tape for the halter with the white fabric. Wouldn't have mattered too much, except the white material is corduroy! Plus, I didn't realize I was going to need to blind stitch it on. Oh well. It was still tons of fun to make.
Isn't it so stinkin' cute?
Check out the cute rubber gloves. Found those on another crafty blog.
They're called "Not Your Momma's Rubber Gloves."
You sew oil cloth on white gloves and embellish with ribbon.
&
It's reversible! Kelli loves yellow and daisies...

You can tie the waist band in the front or back.
I'm in love with it and can't wait to make my own.

Here are a few of my Thanksgiving Projects:
"Giving & Thanks Tree"
I drew the tree on the wall with washable marker. At dinner we got to pick two leaves. One leaf was to write what you were "Thankful" for. The other was to write down something you "Gave" someone (an act of service).

and I made a bunch of these banners for some family & friends:But, since I don't have a fireplace where it is meant to hang, it goes on my wall.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE that apron! It's darling! I am seriously impressed with your crafting skills. Hopefully I'll get better at it with time.

Heidi said...

SUPER CUTE apron. I wish you had me for the family exchange. LOVE IT!

Sheryl said...

That is sooo darling! You did a great job! It was so fun hanging out with you guys for Thanksgiving. Your Alexis cracks me up! Nothing better, good food and family! Look at my blog to see you in action on the soccer field!

Brian said...

Twilight TWICE? Wow. Might be a good idea for us too...since when STaci and I saw it on opening night, about 200 hormone-crazed teenage girls screamed almost the entire movie.

Ashlee said...

Cute! I love them. Okay you need to call me when you get the chance I have another great story for you!!

Jenny J said...

so...when are you starting an etsy apron shop?
when can i get one?
and how much?

Jenni said...

Oh, I love that cute banner!!! It's got Cricut written all over it--ADORABLE!!! And that apron is too cute---you're so darn talented twinner!!!

Katie Jean said...

very impressed! you sure got a lot a talent girl!