Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why would you want to move to Murrieta?


Need I say anymore? This is my friend, Jillonnie's, back yard. She moved out there a few years ago and tries to talk Chad and I into moving there, too. If you don't think this beautiful house and incredible back yard entice me, think again. I LOVE visiting her and Chad and I started thinking maybe we should just go. But it's not the right timing. For now. So I'll have to survive on just my visits.

Friday, I drove out there with the kids for Shelby's birthday party. It was so fun just getting ready for the party and catching up with a good friend. Jillonnie always inspires me and I get sad being so far from her. An hour is far. She planned this super cute party for all kids in Shelby's class. Only Jillonnie would whip up a cute cupcake apron for her daughter to paint in. And finish it in 15 minutes. When she gets an idea, she does it. Never any hesitation.

Shelby and Alexis have been friends forever. They were born 3 weeks apart, were blessed together and have made the trek from Utah to California together. They have grown so much in the last 5 years. It's so fun to watch them.
First, the kids frosted and decorated their own cupcakes.

Then, Jillonnie cut butcher paper for all the kids to paint their own "wrapping paper" to take home. It was so darling and the kids had a blast.

Carter's squeezed glue and dumped glitter on his the whole time.

Carter and River loved walking the steep hillside.

These boys are quite the duo. They are 9 months apart, due to Jillonnie's lack of keeping with our "when we're having a baby" schedule. They are at such an entertaining age. When we were cleaning up they were taking each other on rides on the skate board.

Then, later that night they were playing with these pirate figurines saying, "You walk the plank." and "I push you off the plank!" Jillonnie and I get such a kick out of them. Thanks to River, when we visited in early October Carter decided he wanted to be just like him and wear big boy underwear. So now I have a fully potty trained 2 year old. And he even gets up and goes to the bathroom at night never wetting his pull up. It was lots of fun. Do I have mental issues if I tell you I MISS you guys already?

6 comments:

Ashley said...

What a darling party! And that backyard is fantastic.

Jenny J said...

i'm a little offended you were out this way and didn't visit...
but then again, if your friend keeps talking you into it, then maybe you will just move and then we could visit all the time.
crossing fingers to have some friendly faces out here from the oc.

Jillonnie said...

Thanks for all the super nice comments... I'm glad you guys came, Shelby's request for her party was to invite her whole class and Alexis! Sorry to all the cousins and other friends from the O.C., my limit was 30 kids, and I might have even gone over that, I lost count. I love watching Shelby & Alexis and River & Carter play. ( your next one will be how far apart from June?) And no Amber is not prego, sorry that remark might have made people wonder.

Autumn said...

Great shot of Jillonnie's backyard! I think on her big wall she should make it a rock climbing wall, I think it is 30 ft high. Also a full tennis court could fit on her side yard! A pool, awesome bbq, fire pit, OH does all this cost money, ha! ha!
I am sure the party was perfect, bummed we didn't go!

ashley g. said...

Wow! Can y'all potty-train my two-year old??

What an amazing home and friend- it is hard to find both of those!! And how do you and your creative friends not put Martha Stewart out of business with your creativeness.

Becca's Blog said...

Amber Leigh!
How are you? I am now in the blogging world! It is so fun to see your darling family. Seriously I can't believe how big they have gotten. Check out our blog and catch me up on what is new with you. Take Care,
Becca