Monday, November 10, 2008

Something great happened to me and these are 10 things I will NOT miss:

10. Wiping the dew off my glasses every 2 minutes when running along the beach in the mornings. If I can't see the beach what's the point of living here?
9. Forgetting to wait 5 seconds when opening the oven. If I don't then the steam fogs up my glasses. It's only temporary but it's really annoying.
8. My kids bending my glasses in all directions and poking my eyes with them while trying to put them on my face in the morning while I'm still sleeping.
7. Wondering when my glasses are going to break from my kids.
6. Allergies to contacts (after 15 years of wearing them allergies started in August and I quit trying to wear them last month)
5. The eye doctor telling me initially what I thought was an allergy was probably just me eating something spicy then touching my eye. Really, I can't poor hot sauce in my eye? Because I just really wanted to try after 15 years. It was probably just coincidence that this happened everyday I tried a BRAND new contact. Yep, I left that doctor.
4. Not being able to wear my "loops" at work. (AKA: My magnifying glasses.) Because I had to wear my prescription glasses instead.
3. Not being able to see the time on the clock if I wake up in the middle of the night.
2. Not being able to see a shooting star at Lake Powell when going to sleep on the top of the houseboat with my family. "Did you see that one?" NOPE. "Oh, that one was cool, did you all see that one? NOPE!
1. DRUM ROLL PLEASE...the number thing I won't miss: When the nurse brings my newborn baby to me in the middle of the night at the hospital, not having enough time to put my glasses on, the nurse shoving the baby in my lap saying "She's starving" then just about feeding her NEVER once realizing it wasn't my BABY! Because I couldn't see. Don't worry. Chad woke up and stopped me from feeding the baby with only centimeters to spare.

Who wouldn't miss these things? But the reason I can use the word MISS with certainty they will never happen again...I GOT LASIK last Thursday! Here's some pictures Chad took when he watched the monitor.

This is a picture of doctor peeling back the layer of cornea the first laser created:

I didn't post the pictures during the laser. My eye was retracted & it looked scary. But this is right after when the doctor was sealing the cornea back with some sponge-like thing in the upper left part of my eye.

Hopefully, you didn't get nauseous. COOL, huh? I still can't believe it. I feel like I can see so much better than I did even with contacts.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so glad you did this! I hope maybe someday I can do it too!

shari berry bo-berry said...

ahhhhhh I am so happy for you-- and jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is awesome!

so...I ended up switching the movie tickets to the 12:20am show...I hope that is OK with you and Natalie. No one else was able to get tix to the 12:01am before it sold out, so I figured it would be best to try to keep everyone together.

I don't know wher eyou live so I can't drop off an invitation...will you email me your address?

sharibeth78 at hotmail dot com

:) thanks!

Stephers said...

Ohhhh I am jealous. I almost got it too, but my Dr. said it had to be at least 6 months before pregnancy or 6 months after finishing nursing. So just another year or two right? (Sigh) I am jealous you can see in the night, that would be nice!

Ashley said...

Oh man, I can't wait for the day when I get LASIK too.

Busy B Preschool said...

I am so happy for you. Johnny got the surgery almost 4 years ago and he loves the results. He said it is the best when you wake up in the morning and can see the clock perfectly.

ashley g. said...

Very cool. Did it hurt??? I want LASIK so bad but I am a little freaked out about the whole "peelin' back the cornea" thing. So happy that you can see. And how funny about the baby thing- only because you didn't end up having to feed a lot of babies without actually having twins.

Sarah said...

Yay how nice!

Beth said...

WOW!! That is so exciting! Loved your list-who knew? For all those no-glasses wearing people out there, makes you appreciate good eyes! AND, now you will see great!! YAY! Forgot to comment, but loved the hair post. I blog hopped to a few and got some cute ideas!

JS said...

So jealous your glasses won't fog up when you open the oven...

Baak Talk said...

CONGRATS!! That must be the best feeling in the world. Your own small little miracle.

Evaly said...

I'm so jealous! Someday...

Unknown said...

Great! Now I'll get to hear from Brent... "See Amber got it done!" He wants to do it so badly!!