Thursday, November 27, 2008

A crafter is born...

I put Alexis to bed tonight. I've been waiting till Thanksgiving was over to tell her how soon her birthday is. She was beyond thrilled to find out it is in 10 days. Here is part of our conversation.

"Alexis, what do you want for your birthday."

"Hmm, oh, I really want a pink shelf."

"A shelf. Really, what kind of shelf." (I hadn't heard this one before)

"You know one to hang by my bed so I can put all my important stuff on before I go to sleep. Like my papers and things."

"Alright."

"Mom, you know that white shelf that fell down by my coloring table."

"Yes."

"I was thinking. Um. We could just, like, paint that one pink and Dad could hang that one by my bed."


I'm so proud of her. The basics for crafting. Finding uses for different things around the house...and painting them to mix things up. Welcome, Alexis...to the craft world!

No comments: