Monday, November 17, 2008

Alexis says goodbye to Training Wheels

She did it. Today, I woke up and decided it was going to be a fun day with my kids. It was warm out so I took them for a ride down to the beach. Alexis rode her bike with her training wheels attached as usual. When we got to the beach boardwalk I used the wrench I had brought and took off her training wheels. I held Carter as I held the bike and started her going. And you know what? She did it on the first try. We rode down the beach for awhile then home (which is exactly 1 mile from the beach). She rode her bike for 2.5 miles total. I was so impressed. I definitely should have taken the training wheels off sooner. She never had a tricycle. She started riding this exact bike when she had just turned 2. Sounds early. I know. That's Alexis for ya!

She practiced all day and cried when she had to come in. Chad was shocked. She learned everything in one day: starting, stopping and turning without training wheels. She definitely has a gift for physical challenges.

Carter is getting so fast on this little tricycle. He loves it.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Good for her. PS - what do you think Kennedy should get Alexis for Christmas?

Stephers said...

That's amazing! Swimming, soccer, riding a bike... what can't this girl do?

Beth said...

How fun that you guys get to ride along the beach!! Aaahh, the memories!! That's so fun for Alexis! And, cute hair on her in your last post. Ella doesn't really have hair to do fun hair creations, and we just chopped Kate's, so I just get to admire for now. Love it though! AND, I want that brownie recipe you were talking about! You had me salivating! It clearly wouldn't help any cause of mine, except when you want a good brownie. . . . you want a good brownie!!

justnjess said...

Once again you amaze me, most people update their blog once a 2 weeks, I miss two days and I have to catch up on all the cute things you do. YOu are amazing! Cute crafts you are doing! I feel good about my projects until I see what you and Jillonnie are doing and then I think I am little again, but I still love you both.

Steph Ingram said...

Amazing!!! sometimes I do wish for nice weather year round...I love reading your blog! I just read the one about the primary program day...so cute! Miss you!
Steph