Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Chad!

Today, Chad turned 29. This year we got to celebrate it apart from Thanksgiving. Sometimes it falls on Thanksgiving and that's a bummer for him.

When you don't have birthday wrapping paper...turn the Christmas paper inside out and have the kids draw pictures on it! At least it gave the kids an opportunity to personalize their message.

The winner: The kids had insisted on getting him this Nerf gun days before his birthday. They were so excited to give it to him and were confident Daddy would be so excited to chase them around the house shooting them! They were so right!

I make him an ice cream cake every year. This year he picked: Yellow Cake, Neopolitin Ice Cream & Chocolate Frosting. He said, "Every bite will be different!"


So, I've made a decision. I never really write about Chad on this blog. Everything I have and am today, I owe to him. I love telling stories. Especially our story. I'm not the best writer. But I want to document things now while I remember so I can print a book for my kids. So come along for the ride. I'm posting our story on this blog. Chapter after chapter. The first one is below. Don't laugh at the title. It will make sense soon enough.

2 comments:

Feather Fam. said...

The Feathers LOVE Chad!!! Happy Birthday Chadwick...Enjoy the last year before the big three-oh!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday so chad. I love the story about meeting chad. i felt that same way about tad i have to marry someone like tad but probably not him because he is too good looking, funny, etc. Funny how things work out.