Thursday, November 27, 2008

Lovin' a good compliment

We were eating dinner a few nights ago and Alexis was staring at one of Chad and my engagement pictures. When she struck up this conversation:

Mom, I just love that picture! I love you with really long hair. It's so pretty.

Thanks Alexis.

Oh, but Mom I love you with your boy hair cut too!


Hmmm...what do you say to that? She was trying so hard to not put me down. I cut my hair REALLY short. Cheek length in the front and pixi-ish in the back. I love it. Alexis hated it at the beginning but it has somehow grown on her with time. Or at least I thought, till now.

Then, today, we had our Pitt Family Thanksgiving Soccer Game. I look forward to these games because I really have a secret desire to start playing competitively again. The kids watched a little but mostly played at the park right next to the field. I went over to get the kids after the game and Carter said this:

Mom, you good.

What?

You play soccer. GOOOOOD!


Someone's got to stop me from buying this kid everything he want's right now.

2 comments:

Melanie Jacobson said...

I can't stop you. I would totally fold if one of my kids said something like that to me.

Dejah said...

I LOVE your hair short. I've been meaning to tell you every time I see you, but it really looks great.