Sunday, September 13, 2009

Soccer Banner #2


I finished Alexis' banner just in time for picture day yesterday.

Don't comment on the name...Alexis and I were the only one's out-voted. We wanted Orange County Girls or Orange Crush. Oh well.

I knew this name could be way over-done and cheesy. Hopefully, it's not too much. I did use the paper dolls cartridge as a pattern just like last years banner. I figure this might be the last year I can replicate the players since there will be too many players on the team next year.

After cutting everything out of felt I hand stitched orange yarn around each letter in the title. Seems time consuming but I did it while we talked and watched movies in Big Bear on Labor Day. When it was all said and done Friday night...Chad commented on the lack of hearts. So I added the hand stitched white yarn around the edge with an orange heart every few stitches.

It turned out good considering the name didn't give me any inspiration. And once again, it was half the price of ordering it. So worth it.

13 comments:

Emily C said...

you are amazing. the banner turned out so cute

Summer said...

Amber this is so adorable! Did you cut the felt on a cricut? I haven't tried that yet, I've been wondering how that would work out. You are so creative and energetic.. Amazing!

Heidi said...

LOVE it! just like last year. you are a great team mom!

Kristy said...

You've got mad skills Amber! The banner is awesome!

Baak Talk said...

Seriously Amber, Is there anything you can't do? Just DARLING!!

{autie} said...

Love!
Does your cricut cut felt, too? crazy awesome. such a good job!

Jenni said...

You rocked it once again---super cute!

Katie Jean said...

so cute-as always:) love all the stories. your kids are so stinkin funny!

shari berry bo-berry said...

are you kidding me??? you are amazing. i wish i had an OUNCE of your crafting abilities!

Life with Jack and Nolan said...

I am always amazed by you and don't know how you do it! Can I have lessons please? Hope you are well and hope we can actually arrange to get together sometime.

Unknown said...

...again.. adorable!

shari berry bo-berry said...

hey, would you consider helping me cut some letters for a poster I'm making for HFPE? (Oct. 14) I've never used a cricut and don't know if there is any cost involved or anything...let me know!

by the way...are you stoked for New Moon? Get ready for another fun party!!!!!

Kristin said...

AMAZING!!! You are so cool.