Monday, September 7, 2009

Who waits for their missionary?

ME!

I know not many do...that's why this spoof on "Hey There Delilah" made me laugh so hard.

Seriously, I can't even tell you how many people doubted we would make it. But we did.

Towards the end of Chad's 2 year mission his mission president called our Stake President all the way from Italy to report how well Chad was doing. He mentioned a conversation he had with Anziano Pitt (Chad) in an interview they had just had days before.

Mission President: "Anziano Pitt mentioned he would probably defer his acceptance to BYU for a semester when he comes home in a month. I asked him if this was because of a girl. He replied "I'm not supposed to think or talk about that, President." I could tell it was since his face turned bright red. But I told him, "It better not be...NO girl is worth that!"

Stake President: "Hmm. It's actually my daughter!"

AWKWARD SILENCE! (Isn't my Dad great for sticking up for me!)

Mission President: "Well, he's a great missionary."

I'm glad Chad focused on his mission and listened to every bit of his mission presidents advice...except the last one. I was in Dental Hygiene School here in southern California and who knows what would have happened had he not chosen to come back and see if we should get married.

Who wouldn't have waited for his handsome guy?

Good thing I did because I sure do LOVE him.

4 comments:

Emily C said...

you two have such a cute love story.

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh, that video is hilarious!!! So funny---and you and Chad are clearly meant to be!!

Breana and Jordan Holmes said...

I love that you guys have known each other for so long. That's awesome!

justnjess said...

that was hillarious. look how young chad looks, why are we growing up so fast! GOod times teasing you in your dorm cause you were so obsessed.