Wednesday, September 23, 2009

BOYS....already?


No kidding. My daughter is in kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN, people! Luckily, for me...(or should I say, Chad, who is definitely NOT humored by these stories)...Alexis is not into boys nor does she understand why they've done the things they've done.

This is how last week panned out at Kindergarten:

Day 1:

Today I was playing with Brandon at recess and a boy in our class asked if he was my boyfriend.

I laughed and said, "What? He's my friend."

The boy said, "But you are always playing together."

I said, "Yeah, because he lives by me. I live on this side and he lives on that side."

And then the boy said, "Oh."

Day 2:

Today at school, a boy named Jack in my class...not Jack from Church...another Jack came up to me and said, "Alexis, you look so beautiful today. I got you these flowers."

(For your information: Not flowers from the playground flowers he might have picked from his house or on his way to school. See picture at the beginning of this post.)

What did you say, Alexis?

I said, "Hmm. Those are beautiful flowers but they stink really bad."

Alexis, the boy was trying to be nice and telling him they smell bad might have hurt his feelings.

"No, it didn't. Because I was nice too by saying they were beautiful."

They really did smell like a skunk. Chad didn't mind her vocalizing that to the boy.

Day 3:

Today at recess, we played boys catch girls and girls catch boys.

Me: Oh yeah. Who won?

No one wins. We just catch each other. And, Mom, I got caught a lot by the boys. But I caught Jack Briscoe (Jack from church) a lot.

Day 4:

Today at recess, I was doing handstands and I fell over. I was laughing but then this boy named Jeffrey came over and said, "Can I help you up." So he helped me up and smiled. Then, this other boy started saying, "You guys are gonna start DATING!" And I was all, "No, we aren't!"

I couldn't tell by her confused voice if she knew what that meant. She knows Mommy and Daddy go on dates but I don't think she understood completely what this boy was saying. Thank goodness.

Day 5 through Day 11, 12, 13 and still going:


The game of boys catch girls and girls catch boys at recess goes on. Everyday they try to get more kids to play with them.

I am shocked this is happening so fast. These stories are all about different boys. I'm hoping BOYS start having koodies soon. My friends tease me that Alexis is going to be the opposite of me. My first kiss was at 18. I hope not.

Chad isn't amused by these happenings at school...he just looks at me while I'm laughing telling him the stories and says, "That's not funny."

2 comments:

Beth said...

ugh, boys/girls. . . . . . . . we haven't had to too much yet, but I know it IS coming! Garrett does not think it is so cute either. I love how quick Alexis is, knowing the flowers stink, but still trying to make him feel good. Cute. She IS darling, so good luck!

Unknown said...

I was helping out in Will's class when I heard one of the boys say, "boys are supposed to kiss girls." I'm not ready for this.