Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

It's official. And, fortunately, for the parents nearby they didn't get to see me cry because I was racing to drop her off and get to work on time. But, I did shed tears last night when Chad gave her a blessing. She is growing up so fast.

When I was a kid my dad would always sit me down the night before my first day of school and write down 5 goals I had for the year on a 3x5 note card. He kept it in his desk drawer and still to this day all those note cards are still there.

Alexis already knew what a goal was:

"When you shoot the ball in a net...you score a GOAL!"

Then after we explained the other meaning she quickly stated her 1st Goal: "To move into a house with a backyard and buy a dog and cat as a family." Hmmm. Not likely.

So here are her very own "attainable" goals for the year:

1. Pray every day
2. Learn to read better by myself
3. Listen to Mommy, Daddy and my teacher
4. Be nice to everyone at school
4. Learn Math

Saying our goodbye's:

I made her a hair clip to match her shirt while she was sleeping. When she woke up and saw it she was thrilled. Such a girl...I love it.

See ya! She only turned around because I called her name. Her teacher is in the doorway. Ironically, Chad went to school with her sister. Small world!

Alexis is lucky enough to be in a class with her friend, Brandon. Who, unfortunately, took a tumble on the playground on the first day. Natalie and I almost died when he walked out.

4 comments:

JS said...

She is such a cute kindergartener! I love her little school girl outfit. That might be the best part of having my kids go to school... the infamous first day of school outfits. :)

Unknown said...

i can still see them lying on the blanket next to each other, kicking their feet.... how did the time go by so fast!?

Hailey said...

Love the goals tradition---great idea! We have kindergartners! We're getting old.

Sheryl said...

What a great start to school life! A blessing and goals to shoot for! YAY Mom and Dad! She is a cutie pie for sure!