Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Home-made Calendar

Making the over-sized cork board in our family room fully functioning has been a work in progress. I had a 12 month calendar hanging there for the last year...but I wasn't too happy with it. (Especially since I use my phone for calendaring future months.)
So I decided to spend some time tackling this inter-changeable dry erase calendar. I got two pieces of white poster-board and made the grid the size I liked. I laminated the calendar separate from the items that get changed each month. For now, I've used scrapbooking tape to keep the month, numbers and icons on. I may switch to velcro.

I only got through the rest of the year. I'm on a time crunch here.

3 comments:

Emily C said...

so cute! you are so creative!

justnjess said...

oh amber, I would say you are nesting, but this is a normal occurance for you. Thanks for continuing to make me look nonproductive everyday.

Unknown said...

do you use a machine for all of your lettering things? I think I need to get me one... except then I would probably just look at it everyday and wish I were creative enough to use it.