Monday, January 5, 2009

Speechless!

This has to be good, right? What could make Amber speechless? Read ahead.

I went to the grocery store today. A normal day. Alexis and Carter were with me and they did fairly well staying in the little car attached to the cart. That is until we got to the check out counter. Alexis wanted candy. Carter said he was getting squished by "Sezzis" (aka: Alexis) and stuck his tongue out at her and made a long spitting sound. But I took care of their request and rude jestures. The girl in front of me finished so I naturally moved up to get my card out as the lady was ringing up my items.

But the girl in front of me turned around and said, "You are a really good mom. I've been watching you and listening to you. Your kids wanted candy but you said no. But you weren't mean. You handled it all really good. I'm just really impressed with what a good mom you are."

There you have it...I was speechless. I always feel like I can see people's big bulgy eyes when they watch me deal with the kids or when the kids act up. Especially at the grocery store. (Isn't that the real reason why we all hate going to the grocery store?) Anyways, it's that uncomfortable...get me away from this lady feeling. Yeah. I think I give that to them.

But not this lady. I IMPRESSED her. I will cherish today forever. Because I don't think I'll be hearing that for another 10 years. If that.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, what a compliment! I hope I get to hear that someday!

Sheryl said...

Yay for You! Russell and I took all 8 kids to Sizzler once, and had not only the waitress, but the neighboring diners compliment on how well behaved the kids were.. It is refreshing when it does happen! You are good at being consistent and your little angels know it...Good job little momma!

Emily C said...

you are hilarious! you are such a good mom. and such a good example to me of how not to spoil and give your children everything. (its too big of a trend these days with mom's giving into EVERYTHING!) :) keep up the good work!

Jenni said...

You rock girl!!! I have had FEW moments like this occur to me and I seriously wish someone was filming each of them for fear that no one will actually believe someone actually told me my kids were so good or that I was such a good mom! What a kind lady---you are a good mommy!!!