Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lying or a change in plans.

After putting the kids to bed last night Carter wanted me to lay by him. I did. But he never falls asleep with me in his room. Alexis was sound asleep. If I get out for a few minutes Carter will usually be fast asleep too. So I told Carter I had to go clean up dinner. He sighed but felt comfort when I told him I'd be right back. I left the door cracked so he wouldn't be upset.

I came in the kitchen and thought, "Dishes would be too loud. Hmm, guess I'll just have to watch a little TV first. Then I'll check on him."

A few minutes pass. Then I hear a sweet voice coming from their dark bedroom. I could tell Carter was talking while still laying in his bed.

"MOMMMM! You no dishes. You tv. On couch!"

Caught.

5 comments:

JS said...

That is hilarious. I love it when they are smarter than you think they are.

JS said...

I sent you a text message, but maybe I sent it to your house phone. I am going to dland in the morning with a friend who has a daughter a year younger than Alexis and a 22 month old. Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to come. I don't know if you have passes, but I thought I would ask. I will email you, and try and call later.

ashley g. said...

Ouch. This little man is going to be scarred for life! Don't you hate it when your kids catch you being a smart parent? You're not alone though. Whenever I open a bag of fruit snacks for my daughter, she always says, "Mom, you no eat my fruit snacks." Creature of habit I must be in her eyes. Why must they always see through their parents?

Evaly said...

Ha- they are just too smart for their own good!

Sheryl said...

Busted! Love your kids and their quick wit!!