Saturday, January 10, 2009

My 2 Handsome Boys

Carter's been following Chad around a lot recently. They've been busy...
Hanging the hutch above the coloring table.

today, they cleaned our windows.


I love a good window cleaning after lots of rain and flu's that joined our family last night!

I love how Carter looks at Chad. He loves him. Watches him. Follows him. Copies him. Wants to do everything he does. And I love it.

I'm feeling really grateful for my husband today. Could it be because I got sick in the middle of our date night watching "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button?"

I came home really ill with the flu. Then after rubbing my back and falling asleep he was the lucky one to jump out of bed at the sound of throwing up at the toilet.

Not me, though. Yep, Alexis is sick too. (How she got off her top bunk and into the bathroom in time, I don't know!) On top of that Carter woke up for some reason in the middle of the night and Chad put him back to bed too.

And now he's out washing my dirty car. Love him!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

We had a similar night. A few days after bringing Kennedy home from the hospital I got food poisoning and was throwing up, Kennedy threw up, and the cat threw up. Seriously. And Brett was awesome. Sounds like we have good husbands. :o)

Heidi said...

That is a great husband. I went through that about a month ago. NOT fun. Matt didn't seem to catch it either, but Jackson did.

Sheryl said...

It's days like that when love shows through. It takes a few years of marriage to realize what we are all in this for. Creating a family that adore each other and grow in all kinds of experiences. Love you so much!

Ashlee said...

Oh so cute! He looks so much like Cahd. Ben had started to do this too, and I love it. So fun. The girls told Steven he has to marry both of them the other day. I love it when they are young enough to think their parents are the best.

Jillonnie said...

I want to be the one not getting out of bed in the middle of the night, is it bad to wish for the flu and the possible weight loss that goes with it? Oh I forgot Jacob takes prescribed sleeping pills so it would still be me getting up... but the weight loss wouldn't be so bad. Now I'm just rambleing because when I'm done typing this I have to go give three kids a bath, brush teeth and hair, put pj's on, make and feed a bottle to June, read a bed time book, change over the laundry, put all the kids to bed, do a quick toy pick up in the walk ways so no ones trips in the night (I'm too tired to really clean all the toys), then I get to walk down stairs and take a deep cleansing breath to get ready to empty the dish washer so I can clean up the dinner mess, oh, by now the laundry probably needs to be switched... having no husband around is getting kinda hard. I just totally vented to you on your comments, maybe you should have talked to me when I called you when you were at Mindy's. Look what you did, now you get to read comments like this. I have been typing so long I forgot what I was suppose to comment on.... oh ya, cute husband and son pictures!