Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Resolutions...

Last year, my friend Jillonnie drove down from Murrieta to discuss our New Years Resolutions. I'm proud to say we checked up on each other on pretty much a daily basis. Unfortunately, not to talk about how we were doing on our goals but to chat and start our diet again each Monday. (Too bad my body doesn't show for all those re-starts on the diet!)

Lucky for me Jillonnie was willing to drive down again this year so we could make some much needed changes in our lives.

Anyhow, for now we are focusing on two words that will improve our lives. We are putting these words on a key chain and up in our house where we will see them everyday. Sure we still have our goals to work out and eat healthy...but for now we are starting small.

So here are my two words that you can all hold me accountable to for the whole year! I might regret saying that.

FINISH: My house is full of unfinished projects. Many of which haven't even been started. I get ahead of myself and get excited when I think of something new to create. But, considering I live in a 3 bedroom apartment...my habit is cramping our style. So from here on out the rules are: 1 project at a time. If it's not finished I can't start another. Use what I have. I have to do all the projects I have stuff for first before I am allowed to buy anything else.

CONTENT: I know. Sounds like I'm setting the bar pretty low, huh? I'll admit it. Recently, Chad has been telling me I need to just be happy. I guess I've been in a rut. So, I was thinking. Happy could be my word. No happy is fake. I'm not always happy. Some days I need to vent or be sad...whatever. So...CONTENT became my word. But it's a good word. Content with my living situation, parking, laundry, primary, and just my life in general. In the past 3 days I have found myself frustrated...but immediately I think of my word...and think it's ok. I can be content about that situation. Content puts things into perspective for me.

I've done good. Yes, I'm proud of myself after just 3 days. My goal for now is achievable...I see the light at the end of the year! But, unfortunately, Chad has expressed he will do physical harm if he hears the word FINISH or CONTENT one more time. Whoops. Don't worry, as he see's the change in me he will appreciate it.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I think those are great resolutions. I should think about that for next year!

The Prestwich Family said...

I love it :) Especially after our conversation the other night! haha "...o ya. content. lets forget I said any of that ok? I'm content. That's my word. " I love you so much! O man. my word. BALANCE. :) Which I've already needed to remind myself of.. like 30 times. haha <3

shari berry bo-berry said...

I love the idea of choosing words to focus on! Thanks for sharing! It has definitely given me something to think about!

Oh, and by the way, I am just like you...I get all excited about new projects, but have a really hard time finishing them!

Autumn said...

Hmmm.... I think I need the word RELAX! Not relax in a go play kind of way, but stop worrying about every little thing, everybody etc... I like this post, going to think some more on my words for the New Year! Thanks for sharing!

Evaly said...

I like the word content. I've been working on that too. It's challenging, but I hope I can do it too!

ashley g. said...

That is a great idea. I am very impressed... I have yet to make resolutions yet. I'm pretty sure that if I make my New Years Resolutions now, they all might be four letter words. Just kidden!

Hope that things go well. And p.s. I love your hair! As soon as I can, I'm going short again because of your adorableness.

Jenni said...

Those are great words! I chose "Balance" as my word this year...hoping I can achieve some!!! I miss you---wish we lived closer!!!