Friday, October 3, 2008

Whoops!

I can't believe it. Every year Amber Baltzer and I have said..."Let's sign up for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run." And every year we miss the date to sign up because it sells out so fast. But this year, we remembered and bought tickets to the Fall Mud Run. After I bought the tickets I told Amber that I shouldn't have since I thought I would probably be pregnant by that time. No worries. I'd sell my ticket to someone to do it with her. Since March...I haven't even thought once about it.

Last night...I remembered when I was out with a friend. "Shoot. I signed up for the Mud Run and it's in a month and I haven't ran a mile since June. I'm dead." But really, I can easily work up to 3 miles in one month. I'm not pregnant like I thought I'd be. The one problem that neither of us saw coming. My friend has been trying to get pregnant for like 8 years. She's adopted two darling boys: Saxon (1 1/2) and Micah (almost 2 months)...but the craziest news of all was that she found out she was pregnant. After all these years and after everything she's been through to try and get pregnant. Obviously, things are done the Lord's way and Saxon and Micah were meant to be in her family. But now she can't run in the Mud Run. So her husbands going to run it instead. He will leave me in the dust on the first 100 yards.

It's okay. I can do this. I look up the exact time to see how much time I have to train...drum roll please...OCTOBER 18! Not one month away...TWO WEEKS away. And all my thanks to Amber who gave me the biggest shocker of all 5 minutes ago. It's a 10K, not a 5K. I am really dead. I seriously have to start running like twice a day. That pizza I just ate at Costco this afternoon is starting to make me want to puke! Literally, the thought of it all makes me want to puke!

Good Luck to me, eh? All the mind tricks I've tried to play on myself these past few weeks trying to tell myself it's time to start eating healthy and exercising...are now not on an "I'll do my best" status. Because we all know that doesn't work. Now it's changed to "URGENT: no excuses or you die in two weeks."

7 comments:

ashley g. said...

Congrats to your friend! You'll be so glad you did this and you can gut anything out as long as you are having fun. And can I say that this looks really fun? If I weren't 3 states away and pregnant myself, I would do this with you. Maybe next year? Good luck and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome blog entry. You are going to do great in the race. I will be cheering you on!

Stephers said...

Yikes, I will be thinking of you! Good luck with that!!!

Sheryl said...

Good luck cute girl....you do some amazing things!

Jenni said...

Oh, I wish I was gonna be there--I'd do it with ya!!!! GOod luck girl!!!

Unknown said...

I want to puke for you just reading about it!! Good Luck!!

The Favorite said...

YOU CAN DO IT!