Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkin's & Scarecrow Cookies

We've lived here for 3 1/2 years now. And have been Home Taught...about twice. Sad, I know. I love when Home teachers come. It just sends such a great message to my kids. Why my rambling about Home Teacher's on a carving pumpkins post? We just got assigned new home teachers that moved into the ward recently. They came right away and with a message. I seriously can't express what that meant to me. When we got invited to a "Pumpkin Carving Contest" they threw I felt like they went above and beyond to get to know us. And when you really know your home teacher's your more likely to call them in the middle of the night if you need them.

There have been at least 10 new young couples that have moved into our ward over the last few months and I know none of them. I've really wanted to get to know them but just haven't had much opportunity. Remember, I'm in my own corner in primary. I was so excited to attend and get to know all these girls. The party was so much fun. And the pumpkins...well, see for yourself:

Pretty cool, huh?
Zooming in. How cool is the ET one. That was Tom & Kristy Haight's (the host's) pumpkin. Can you guess which one is ours? Here's a hint: Alexis picked it out.
I will gracefully give all the credit to my husband since he did all the carving. It turned out awesome despite my comments at her little head on a big dress when he shaved in her profile to far. Plus, he free handed her facial features because he had to improvise. Good job Chad. Just know that I would have still given you credit had you made her look really deformed. Carter liked sawing chunks of pumpkin off the lid. Alexis and Carter loved the swing and the attention from Emily. I made these fun cookies for the party. They are from Family Fun Magazine. Completely edible. Earlier in the week, I had plans to have my kids make these cookies for all the kids around their age in the apartment complex. But on whim, I had Alexis and Carter invite them all over to make their own. It was short but the kids liked it.

11 comments:

Autumn said...

i seriously want to move in Mormon Manner!
Fun!
You guys should do the dinner exchange since you live so close!
Love the cookies, need the recipe and details!

JS said...

Yea! I am glad you came to the pumpkin carving party! It was so fun, and I always see you at church and want to get to know you! It was fun to talk to you... lets do more.

I am adding you to my blogroll...

JS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephers said...

Those cookies are so cute! And kudos to Chad for the pumpkin!

Katie Jean said...

i love all the pics!the kids look so cute! i wish we lived closer to you guys! the pumpkins are awesome and way to go on the cookies.

Emily C said...

you got some good shots of those pumpkins!! i might need to borrow them! ;)

your kids are so stinkin cute.

Sheryl said...

What a great night! I am so impressed that with your Home teachers! Love, love the picture of your kids on the top of the blog!!

Jana Howard said...

Way fun night! I am with you on the Home Teachers. I am so blessed to have amazing Home Teachers.
Cute cookies! What a great time for the kids too. You guys rule!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the new backround AMber!!~!

The Prestwich Family said...

so so cute! I love it! I swear, everytime I see pictures of the kids they get bigger and bigger!

Kristy said...

Hi Amber! Yay for new friends! I'm so glad that you came to the pumpkin party! Your cookies were the best treat there and you are soooo fun! We will definitely be playing more!