Sunday, September 28, 2008

Not A Weed to Me!

Looks like a weed. Smells like a weed. Acts like a weed. Naturally, I expect you to disagree with my title.

However, every time I open my front door Carter runs out. Not to be disobedient or crazy. Nope. He is looking for a flower.

And not just any flower as can see in the picture above. What's wrong with this one? The stem is not long enough!

And...he's happy with this one. Sometimes he will pick one and it's just not up to his standard. He really is pleased with this one, though.
And this is why it's not a weed to me. Every day Carter runs out, picks a flower...and ALWAYS gives it to me. Then he runs back in the house like nothing ever happened...or he gets in the car if that's where we were headed in the first place. So every morning...whether we are heading out for me to go to work, do laundry, or run errands. I get this. Who wouldn't love "a weed" when it comes from the most sincere, thoughtful boy I could ever ask for! I hope he never changes!

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love this post... Jack just picked the same "flower" for me today and gave it to me right before we got in the car. I still have it on my console! I just love little boys!!