Monday, October 6, 2008

"Mom, I know what I want to be when I grow up..."

(This is on the way home from church about 2 months ago)

"Oh yeah. What do you want to be when you grow up?"
(thinking it must be something she learned in class)

"A ROCK STAR."


"Really? What does a rock star do?"


"Well, they sing like this...
(pulling her fist up to her mouth like a microphone) and they go like this (shimmies her shoulders!)

That's Great! We haven't discussed much of it since that day.

Now onto YESTERDAY...Alexis had her neighbor friend, Hattie, over. They asked if I could move the curtains that are on a tension rod out from the window so they can have what looks more like a stage on the window seat. They have their microphones all ready. We only own two. That's when I notice Alexis has retrieved Chad's x-box live head set. (with earphones and a microphone that wraps in front to her mouth. She looks very professional. So as I'm moving the curtains the girls beg me to have a seat and watch their show.

I said, "I'll tell you what. You guys practice and I'll run out to the car and get my camera to video tape you."

I don't video tape them much so I decided this was as good of time as any...and boy was I right!

WATCH THIS! I promise this 30 second video is so worth your time! (mostly the last 15 seconds) You may need to turn up your volume.




So who do you think should break the news to her of rethinking the rock star future...me or Chad? Maybe this video is enough for her to make her own conclusion.

I only turned the camera off because I was about to pee my pants I was laughing so hard. This might even be funnier to me because I have a very similar home video of my sister's and I doing a show for my dad on our trampoline when we were little. It's still so entertaining to me.

24 comments:

Jenni said...

I about peed my pants when I watched the last 2 seconds...and I'm still laughing hysterically as I type! You've got yourself a rock star oyour hands for sure...and perhaps even a paycheck from America's Funniest Home videos in the future too!
STILL LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!

Dad said...

It is funny clear down under in Australia. I am smiling and of course remembering the similar family video on the trampoline. How smart of you to take the time from whatever you were doing to go get the camera and sit down and watch. That says a lot about listening to the spirit and taking time with your children. By the way, she has a great voice! Send this to Kathy and Diane as an audition tape. Love Mom

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness that is hilarious. I am crying from laughing. Good thing you got the camera.

Unknown said...

I can't see through my tears!! Is it awful that I am laughing so hard at her falling off "the stage"? Truly, that is priceless!

Feather Fam. said...

I can hardly see straight, my brain hurts from laughing so hard. Maggie keeps asking for more, Jeff can no longer breathe and we are about to show Mr. Vaughn! I dont know what my favorite part is...the words, the dancing, the fall, the voice...
You just made my day! My whole family will be sneaking on your blog to see this one!

Ashley said...

I was not expecting that. That is hilarious!

The Prestwich Family said...

amber. that belongs on family funniest home videos! please please please. soooo funny! my whole apartment watched it together and we were all crying we were laughing so hard. i loved it!!

Matt said...

This certainly brought us all a good laugh. Thanks for sharing with us. I think she could still have a rock star career. She just needs to channel her enthusiasm and maybe get the words down a bit better. Yeah dawg!!!

Jeff and Stephanie said...

TEARS!!! Oh my gosh - that seriosly got me laughing so hard! TOO FUNNY!

Carrie said...

Okay so now Emmalyn is requesting to watch Elexis (that could be her rock star name)

Carrie said...

Okay so here we are again at Emmalyn's request. Something is wrong with our connection today so we watched it in slow motion. It may be even better:)

Jenny J said...

dude....this was awesome.

no seriously...i have tears.

the best part is, for being 4 *i think* she has a pretty cute voice - with the sweet face and the rad moves...i don't know that the dream of being a rock star is that far off.

Kristin said...

I'm CRYING!!! Wow. That is somethin'.

Carrie said...

And here we are again. Seriously, submit this to Funniest Home Videos.

Stephers said...

I laughed so hard, and my kids got a kick out of it too!

Nicole said...

SERIOUSLY! You have got to submit that to Americas Funniest Home Videos!!! My stomach hurts from laughing!

Kat said...

Oh my gosh. . . she was in it to win it!! did she break anything? I think she's amazing and has a long (though challenging) career ahead of her! lol!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

I can't even stop laughing!!!! Love it! I think she should be a rock star, only work on your landing for the next finalle

The Jonas Family said...

I don't know you, but I am a friend of Nicole Pasquini and I had to comment. That was hilarious. You should send that in to AFV (Americas Funniest Home Videos). You could win 10 grand!

The Favorite said...

Oh, Alexis- you've got talent, but I hope you didn't get hurt. That was very funny. She is such a sweet heart!

Carrie said...

and so here we are yet again. Elexis is Emma's favorite!

DD said...

That was so funny!! I haven't talked to you in a while- how are you guys doing?

Carrie said...

I haven't commented in a while but want you to know this is still a request!

Doru said...

So nice photos!Im from Romania and I wish you all the best!Doru