Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Going in...

to be induced in 1 hour!

One good thing about going past your due date and being induced...you are prepared. Not necessarily for the sleepless nights and nursing. (I am NOT a fan of nursing but I do it anyway.) But my HOUSE is ready. It's clean: the carpets, walls, tile, bathroom, windows. You name it and most likely it's been scrubbed down by me or Chad within the last week. I'm super excited to meet this little guy and wonder if he'll look like my other two cookie cutter children or will he have a completely different look like Chad and his brother? It's so surreal.

One of my most favorite things that we did to get ready for this baby was to hang big picture frames above his crib. Chad has a rule: no glass above the crib. So I found 2 large frames with plexi-glass from Ikea for $3. Sweet. I'm planning on putting large black and white photo's of our baby in them. But for now...I couldn't leave them empty. So I took out my toll paints...mixed them to match the colors of the crib bedding, flipped the Ikea advertisement inside each frame over and let the kids use the white backside as a canvas to welcome our little one. The kids loved it...and I love going in the room and starring at their artwork.

It might be hard to take their artwork down. Alexis drew a cute welcome home picture of her and Carter waiting for the baby. Carter kept switching what his picture was: it transformed from a volcano to a fox and bug.

Next time I post...I will be a mom of three.

3 comments:

Stephers said...

Hopefully by now your family had grown! Good luck with it all!!

JS said...

can't wait to hear! Good luck with everything!

Jenni said...

Can't wait to see #3!!