Friday, October 23, 2009

Check Lists

A month ago I made a "Projects to Finish" check-list:

I'm happy to say I finished almost everything on my full page list. Hence, all the projects post.

Then when the Primary Program was all said and done and that was over I figured I could use this week to work on my house.

So I made a full page sheet of deep spring cleaning things I could do. I'm pretty much almost done with that. Some of the things I'm doing now I really don't care if I get done. At my appointment on Tuesday I was at a 2 and 50%.

Wednesday night I woke up at 1:20 with major CONTRACTIONS. I made my necessary phone calls (The first to my sister to tell her she would be working for me and another to Chad's mom to prepare to come over.) I remembered this is exactly how I went into labor with Carter: 2 nights before, contractions every few minutes...but only really painful every 10 minutes. I thought...I'll wait it out another good 30 minutes. Besides, I needed to pack a hospital bag.

And would you believe it: the contractions slowly went away when I got up to pack my bag. So that was that. I had little ones all night. So when my alarm went off at 5:45am for work I called my sister and told her I guess she didn't need to work for me after all.

I went to work at 6:30am. My eyes burned like crazy from being up all night. By 9:00 I started having contractions again. Every 10 minutes I had contractions while I cleaned 3 people's teeth.

Then I got in the car to come home...and NOTHING! They went away again. Chad and I took a long stroll on the beach to see if it would help. NOTHING.

So here I sit...with ridiculous false alarms. Chad's getting frustrated. Today, I volunteered in Alexis' classroom and cleaned my house again. Chad cleaned the outside of our windows, cleaned the BBQ and the patio. Now, he's out cleaning our car. I think he's nesting now purely out of frustration.

I only get contractions when I'm still. That is so wrong. So, we sit and wait for this baby who is due TODAY! Doesn't look like it's happening. At least I have an induction date set for next Tuesday night. I could just do without these false alarms.

9 comments:

Emily C said...

I can't believe he's not here yet!! good luck!!!

Evaly said...

hang in there!

Heidi said...

I totally did that with Daphne. I was getting so frustrated and finally took castor oil... NOT GOOD. Then a week later it was the real thing. You really arent far at all! Cant wait to see this little Owen!

Jenni said...

Oh girl. you KNOW I feel your pain! Hoping something happens for you sooner than later!! HUGS!

{autie} said...

stinkin'!

Summer said...

I feel your pain!! The good news is that with all this "preparty" contracting your actual labor will go REALLY FAST and EASY! Best wishes to you, you are an amazing mother!

Shari said...

i hope the next blog entry has pictures of your new little guy!!! i know how frustrating it is waiting for the baby to come!!!

Beth said...

Oh my goodness! Good luck. . . . hope after the exciting false alarm, it all goes smoothly. Can't wait to hear everything!

ashley g. said...

it's such a cruel process... false hope for such horrific pain...

good luck and hang in there! just think, you have an official date to be finished. congrats again and can't wait to see pics of the little guy in all his cute onesies that you made!