Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby Shower's Galore

Last week Chad's little sister, Kelli, came down from Utah. His Aunt Jana threw her a shower because she's having her first baby this January. We are so excited for her.

I helped Jana by making some decorations.

Jana made the diaper cake and I made the little baby booties with peanut M&M's. Super cute and easy...found the idea HERE. All you do is get a kleenex. Lay it flat on the ground on the diagonal. Place a paper 2oz ketchup cup in the middle. (Found them at Smart n' Final: 200 for $3.) Put a cotton ball in front of the cup. Tuck the Kleenex into the cup and tie a ribbon around the neck of the cup. (I just used the ribbon by the spool at JoAnn's. They were on sale for 50 cents. 2 spools will go around like 50 booties. No tape or glue! Cute, easy and cheap. Just the way I like it.

I made this "It's a boy" banner when I made the Halloween Banner. It's nice to have on hand even for future showers. Now I just need to make a girl one to have on hand.

I love putting baby clothes on clothes-lines at showers. It's another cute but cheap way of decorating. I made Kelli 3 burp clothes made out of cloth diapers. I like my burp clothes thick. I made the tie shirt too. So fun...I'll have to explain that later.

I also added buttons to the clothespins. My friend, Britni, did this for my shower with Alexis and I still use the cute pink buttoned clothespins all the time. Now I have both on hand.
The compassionate service committee for our ward kept asking me if they could throw a shower for me. I felt lame because it's my 3rd kid. So I suggested a girls night out at my friends house and having a combined shower for both Natalie and me. (She's on baby #3 too) Super casual...with dessert, of course. When I told my friend, Amber, about the idea to have it at her house she jumped on board...sent out e-vites, with an optional group gift to help go towards a double jogger, and made my favorite sherbet dessert. It was all done within 4 days: the idea, the e-vite, the girls night out. How awesome is that! I felt so loved.
Here's a picture for all those requesting more prego pictures. Now you know why I don't post them...I'm huge. (Just picture me working...cleaning people's teeth. Funny sight, huh? I'm almost done though. I only have to work next wed and thurs....then I'm due Friday! Woo hoo.)

2 comments:

Beth said...

ok, you are in complete nesting mode. I have loved all your crafty, creative posts. I made the apron you did. I'm putting together a "Christmas gift-giving idea" table for enrichment, so keep it coming!! :)

Also, stealing your little baby shoes for a shower I'm doing in a couple weeks. Too bad we don't live closer!

And, i completely agree about the prego pics. You look cute. . . . I however, am not cute pregnant. Kinda funny.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

p.s.- I love how your posts are tutorials...now we can be cute & clever & crafty too :)