Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Count Down is ON....

Next Saturday, I get to see two of my favorite people. My parents. This picture was taken 1 1/2 years ago when they left on their mission. I haven't SEEN their face since. So SAD, huh? They went here on their mission. A-U-S-T-R-A-L-I-A
Some days went fast. And then there were those days where you feel down and you just want your mom to put her arms around you and say everything is going to be ok...yep...those days went really slow. I love my parents. I have always been so close to both of them. After I went on dates in High School I'd go in there room and jump on their bed and tell them all about it. I can't wait to see them again. And neither can my kids. They are more than thrilled. Although, I wonder if Carter is just going with the flow of excitement since he was only 18 months when they left. He turns 3 tomorrow...so he's definitely changed A LOT!
I bet they are super tan since they just got done with summer over there. The crazy thing is...because of the timing they've only had 1 winter in the last 2 1/2 years. Summer here. Summer, Winter, Summer there. And now a Summer here.
I know they are going to be missed there but we are ready to have them home again. I do have a favorite story of their mission. They were teaching a guy about the church. On a Sunday morning my mom answered the phone. It was this guy.
"Sister Miller?"
"Yes."
"I did a bad thing."
"What did you do?"
"Well, you know our last discussion where we talked about not stealing."
"Yes."
"Well. I went to a bar last night and stole a guys wallet. I feel really bad."
"So you just left with his wallet?"
"No, they were bugging me so I took a metal bar and hit the guy and girl in the head. And then I left."

Can you imagine being my Mom? She was dying. He was so concerned about stealing the wallet after that being his most recent discussion that he didn't even seem concerned about hitting a couple with a metal bar! I know it's not funny but I was busting up when I read that letter because who the heck does that!

And for your entertainment. I think we need more signs like this in America.

Let the count down begin...

6 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

I can't believe they are already finished!!! crazy how fast time flies!

Ashley said...

That's hilarious! I mean, I hope the couple is ok, but that's still really funny.

Feather Fam. said...

Yay...
I love your parents too...
Now more than EVER!

Stephers said...

I still have great memories of your parents from the few times I met them. My little sister Allie has been in Australia too and will be coming home in June... she loved it over there too. I'm so glad your parents will be coming home soon!

Jeff said...

You haven't seen their faces? You should have gotten a web cam. It will be fun to see them and hear their stories! We're looking forward to it.

Becca's Blog said...

Amber,
I totally know what you mean. It is hard to have your parents so far away. I missed mine so much when they were in Madagascar. They look so happy. I am glad you will be able to have them back soon! I love your parents it is fun to see some recent pics of them and their adventures!