Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break at the River

Rough life, eh?

Brooke, Chelsea & Alexis waiting for their sunscreen to soak in before jumping in the pool. When I was packing Alexis' bag she insisted on NOT bringing her green bathing suit. But once she saw her and her cousins could be TRIPETS she quickly changed and was grateful I packed it.

My sister, Mindy, and I spent spring break at the river with our families. It was so nice to get away. We played a good amount but worked our tails off. We spring cleaned my parent's huge kitchen. We cleaned out all the cupboards and cleaned the ledges and shelves up high. Scrubbed everything. It took forever and I think I might vomit if I smell 409 again. Mindy's older kids scrubbed the bathrooms. Alexis and Chelsea (5 years old) vacuumed around all the base boards and window sills. It's a 5 bedroom house. They worked hard. Brett, Chad and Jacob got the sprinklers working again. Thanks to the no-good gardener out there. Brett cleaned the 12 car garage. Chad pressure washed the house. Jake and Chad fixed the leaky valve by the pool and got the jet ski working again. One that no one has been able to get working since Jake was at the river with us last summer. Phew. Yah, it's tiring thinking about it. But, we still managed to have lots of fun laying out, playing in the pool, tubing, wake boarding, kayaking and watching movies.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

My girls have that same bathing suit!! It is so cute on them too!!

Becca's Blog said...

That makes me miss the river. We had so many fun times there. I will never forget when we went with Sarah and Amanda! Congrats on number 3! I am so excited for you!