Monday, April 13, 2009

They're HOME!

At Los Angeles Airport Saturday morning. The letter's spelled "G'DAY MATES" and posters with "GOOD ON YA" and "Welcome HOME."

There were 53 of us there! All my brother's and sisters, plus all our kids and Aunt's, Uncles and Grandma.

What do you remember about Grandma? "She wear's really big earrings."


What do you guys remember about Grandpa? "He's really tall!"


And Easter Egg Hunt at the park. All the cousins lining up:


The little ones got a head start.


Later that evening...My parents had lots of souvenirs from Australia to hand out.


We had a good time visiting with my parents and hearing their funny stories. It was a pretty exhausting weekend with all the running around and cooking but so worth it. I'm glad to have my parents back. Just a simple hug meant so much. My parents spoke in their ward on Easter Sunday. We went to our ward first because Chad and Alexis had to sing. Then we went to my parents ward. Two sacrament meetings are challenging with little ones. But I must say my parents did a great job on their talks. My mom was so nervous and of course did wonderful. My Dad was in the Stake Presidency and then Stake President in this stake from the time I was 5 till after I was gone to college. Most people know him. He's tough. At the end of his talk he started crying. Literally, tears running down his face when he talked about being re-united with certain people that know him so well. I started balling. When my sister sat down in Sunday school she said, "Did you cry during Dad's talk?" I said..."Yes." Neither of us have EVER seen my Dad cry. Not a single tear...until yesterday.

4 comments:

JS said...

Can you expect anything less out of me. I am up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 12:30 am!

I am so glad your parents got home safely! Looks like lots of fun to be had!

Stephers said...

Yea they are back! I'm so happy for you to have them back, I'm sure it's been so fun to just visit with them.

Evaly said...

How exciting and happy to have them back!

ashley g. said...

Very cool to have them home! I bet it feels fabulous to have them nearby again!