Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yes, I am...

12 weeks pregnant.

Some of you may have guessed it by one of the following:

-The kidney stone pregnancy test: "not positive but not negative." I didn't know then.
-You may have thought "That's odd...Amber's wearing that same jacket everyday."
-Or if you have come in my house in the last few months...you would have seen a complete disaster and wondered what my problem was.

Or most likely it was the PREGNANCY GLOW that gave it away...
-My face glows. Yep, it glows a shade of red welts...in other words: ACNE.
-My attitude glows pregnancy. Raunchy pregnancy. I think it was the comments..."Amber, are you ok? Did I do something wrong?" that gave me that idea. WHOOPS.
-My chest doesn't necessarily glow but it sure is something when it doubles in size in 2 weeks. It's ridiculous. I'm not a fan.
(By the way: Thanks to Ashley for her comment "Bust a move, literally. Amber" on the apron post.)
-My glowing belly. Oh, I mean my growing belly. I always look 2-3 months farther along than I am. So yes it is sticking out SOOO far already.
-Or it could have been that you noticed my butt is 4 sizes too big. Definitely, the most obvious clue.

Phew. So now for the reason for waiting. I just didn't want to tell my Mom & Dad via email when they were coming back so soon. Chad and I kept the news from everyone and didn't flinch once when it required lying. So sorry for the lies...now it's out and you can make fun of my ghetto booty all you'd like. Because it's only gonna get bigger.

Oh ya...I'm due October 30th. (My sister's b-day)

22 comments:

Brendon said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Dejah said...

Congratulations! For some reason, I thought you were, but not for any of those reasons, something you said in one of your posts. I'm so excited for you though!

JS said...

Yea! I am so excited for you guys! Congrats! Can't wait to see the little guy... girl... hopefully not both !

Jenni said...

COngrats!!!! Guess I'll have to hook you up with another charm for your necklace!! SO excited for you guys! How are you feeling now??

Heidi said...

yay! My mom just told me the other day when she saw Chad at the hosptial visiting Grandpa.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Stephers said...

Congrats to you guys! Hopefully you haven't been feeling too sick. My due date with Dallin was also Oct 30 and I ended up having him on the 25th. It's a nice time of year to have a baby... when you are at your biggest it starts to cool off a bit. Good luck!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Congrats!!! I had Drew on October 30th -- how funny that it is your due date and sister's b-day!!!!

Dude, big boobs and big booty? I bet Chad is lovin' that!!! ha ha ha ha j/k. more cushion for the pushin baby! :)

Emily C said...

i've been curious ever since the kidney stone test! but didn't want to be nosey and ask. this is fantastic news!!! congrats!!!

Breana and Jordan Holmes said...

hooray! breana is too! nov 7th. so they will be born pretty close together. crazy growing family.

ashley g. said...

OMB (b for baby!!)!!! Congratulations!! I am absolutely thrilled for you. I hope that you start feeling that wonderful 2nd trimester feeling soon- if not- this child owes you big time.

And I love your glowing attitude towards pregnancy. I'm pretty sure when I'm pregnant- I'm glowering the entire time. Yes- not a type. Glowering is another word for "absolutely wicked, witchy and gigantic pregnant woman." Woohoo for you and the rest of the family!

And now you have one more family member that you can have to be a servant... or be a servant too. Very cute!

Amanda said...

Congrats! I am very excited for you.

Ashley said...

Yay! Congratulations! Don't worry, I looked more pregnant than I was and got more than one comment about having twins and being huge.

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

You are hilarious.

Sarah said...

Congrats!!

Life with Jack and Nolan said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news. I hope to talk to you again soon and we can chat pregnancy stuff! How exciting!

Life with Jack and Nolan said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news. I hope to talk to you again soon and we can chat pregnancy stuff! How exciting!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations! That is exciting I was telling Becca yesterday that anohter friend told me she was pregnate and I felt the pressure! She laughed, I am so excited for you and you are welcome for the apron comment, I thought it was clever. Okay if you forgive me I will forgive you for spelling my name incorrectly. lol

The Favorite said...

CONGRATS!
You are such amazing parents and that is so exciting. I hope you feel good and that's a very fun baby picture.

Jeff and Stephanie said...

CONGRATS! Our babies are only going to be 2 weeks apart! We are going to have "manor" babies together which will be SO FUN come October! Plus - we can try to lose the baby weight together! :)

Sheryl said...

And WE are thrilled that you are!!

Beth said...

WOW!! That is so exciting for you guys, and how fun for you to be able to tell your parents when they got home.

Shelly said...

Congratulations!