Thursday, April 8, 2010

Poor Owen!

I sprinkled what I thought was cinnamon sugar on a tortilla Saturday while on vacation.

It wasn't. It was hot chocolate. Do you know what's in hot chocolate...MILK powder!

6 hours later Owen was spitting up curdy milk. Then came other symptoms and then the one we dread the most...not sleeping. He woke up every hour...inconsolable for 3 nights strait.

Owen started getting sick again yesterday at the river. He's been sick for a month. Mostly a horrible cough and wheezing a ton. He only had six healthy days before this started up again.

Last night we got home late...he did better...he actually had a 2 1/2 hour stretch. Just one though. I was off to work by 6:15am. Got a call by 8am from Chad. Owen was wheezing bad and now had a fever. I was working till 2pm with no break. (Remember...I'm also functioning on no sleep for 3 nights.) Luckily, my 10:40 patient got called into work. I had a 50 minute break to meet Chad at the Doctor.

The doctor was afraid he might have pneumonia. There was a spot on his chest x-ray...possibly the start. So he's now on:

-acid reflux medicine
-tylenol (for the fever)
-breathing treatments every 4 hours
-antibiotics (preventing full blown pneumonia)
-an inhaler because the doctor is afraid he has bad seasonal allergies.

And we have to rinse his mouth out with water after we give him his inhaler twice a day since he is now more prone to fungal infections.

Seriously, how much more can this little...ok...chubby 5 month old take?

It's killing me!

I have a million things I need to do.

catch up on blogging about our family happenings * clean my house * unpack * start working out again * start eating healthier * read more to my kids * start cooking dinner * relieve my husband from cooking every night * start picking up after myself * start packing for our upcoming move

and stop yelling at everyone around me!

No one likes a crabby Amber. Hey, I didn't get the nickname "The CRANK" for no reason in high school. Sad, but true...ask Chad.

First things first. CATCH UP ON SLEEP!

Good night.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

oh my... that is not fun, for you or him! I really hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Stephers said...

Yikes! Poor guy, and poor mommy. I hope you guys get better soon. Kiersten had pneumonia too and the first antibiotic didn't kick it... she had to go on zithromax to finally kill it. And don't be too hard on yourself! You've got a lot on your plate and you are juggling it all very well. Good luck!!

Stephanie said...

Bless your heart...I can't even imagine. I've been wondering how to manage with 3-4 hours between feedings and I don't work!!! You are both troopers.