Saturday, April 17, 2010

Amanda's Wedding

A little late...but I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of my friends wedding.Isn't her dress beautiful. So unique...so her. She designed it on paper and had it made. Not that I would think a visual merchandiser for Nordstroms would do any less! But if you really want to see cool pictures of her...go to our other roommates photography blog Jamilia Jean Photography. These are some of my favorite bridal shots. There are so many cool ones. I feel like my pictures were taken by my 4 year old when I compare them to these works of art.Photobucket
She got married in the Newport Beach Temple. Here she is with my parents outside the temple.
She is the only member in her family so they had a ring ceremony just before the reception. She had my Dad be in charge of the ceremony. He did a really good job. He was so nervous especially since her parents do not support her being a member even though he has a good relationship with them. I'm so proud of Amanda. We spent more time together in the weeks leading up to this wedding than we have in the past 5 years. I loved spending time with her again.

Some of the roommates.
Good thing we had our babies to dance with. Because, honestly, getting on a dance floor for the first time in YEARS...felt a little awkward.
Britney and Jamie are some of my favorite people to dance with. They taught me all my moves in college. They literally can make me laugh for hours. We went to Target to grab Amanda some necessities. Let's just say we were in a very uncomfortable aisle when Britney decided to ask a young dude (looking at the same items as we were) to take a picture of us to send to her husband. (Britney please let Jaren read this...I can hear his laugh now!) Jamie and I were dying laughing the rest of the shopping trip. Britney....I wish we got together more often. Jamie helped a ton with the wedding. She is so talented. I'm still telling people about all of her areas of expertise. Permanent make-up (she did my permanent eyeliner while we were at BYU), hair, photography, photo-shop, etc. The list goes on!
I made the table numbers since it was a formal sit down dinner. They turned out really cute. Amanda gave everyone seed packets of flowers that said, "If I had a flower for every time you made me smile." They were super cute. The night went smoothly. I packed her car with a bunch of her favorite food...because if I learned anything about Amanda all those years we lived together it is that she does not eat when she is stressed. So I knew she'd be starving the minute she left the reception.

3 comments:

Stephers said...

It looks like everything turned out just wonderfully. I really missed not being there!

Amber R. said...

It's so fun to see all the roomates together! Wish I had been there!

Jenni said...

DITTO!! Wish we could have all made it! Amanda looks GORGEOUS and so happy...so happy for her!