Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Holy Ghost

Recently, Alexis and I have had numerous conversations about the Holy Ghost. It all started a few weeks ago when Alexis wondered how you can "hear" the Holy Ghost "because she never heard him."

I explained that many times we don't hear the Holy Ghost with our ears. But when we have hard choices the Holy Ghost will help us know what choice is right by giving us a good feeling inside about the right choice.

Over the last 3 weeks she has come home from school so eager to tell me how she felt the Holy Ghost give her a good feeling inside..."to go help this person, or include that person, or help solve an argument between two of her friends."

I love that she is looking for ways to recognize the Holy Ghost guide her in her choices.

Then a few weeks ago at the river when the front door slowly opened on it's own. She looked at me shocked!

"Mom, was that?...(A questioning look turned to an enlightened look.)....THE HOLY GHOST!

I was afraid she'd be let down when I told her it was most likely the wind that blew the door open because someone didn't shut it all the way. But, she actually handled it quite well.

Man, I love kids and their eagerness to learn and soak everything in.

1 comment:

Dejah said...

I love the part about the door opening, she is so funny. That is really sweet though, that she has such a strong desire to feel the Holy Ghost at that age.