Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hot Lava

Carter: "Dad, put your seat belt on!"

Dad either ignores Carter or isn't paying attention.

Carter repeats his request at least 3 times. But on the 4th time he changes it up a bit.

Carter: "Dad, put your seat belt on or the police will get you and throw you in the hot lava."

Chad: (Now, interested in the conversation.) "Carter, they are not going to throw me in hot lava. Do you see any hot lava?"

"Um, Dad...it's in the volcanos!" (Duh...dad!)

"Yea and do you see any volcanos around here. They aren't around here so they can't throw me in one."

"Yes they will, Dad. They will drive you there and throw you in."

Chad and I were just cracking up. He was so matter of fact about it and Chad wasn't going to stump him.

We get some food and we are getting back in the car 30 minutes later. Carter was stalling getting in the car.

Chad: "Carter, you better hurry up or I'm going to throw you in the hot lava."

Carter: (completely devastated by Chad's threat.) "What!?. You're just going to kill my wife!" (he pronounces his L's like W's)

"Carter, I'm not going to kill your LIFE!"


"Yep. You're going to kill my wife!"

Chad reassuring Carter says with more emphasis: "Carter, I'm not going to kill your LIFE!"

"Yea! You are going to throw me in the hot lava and kill my wife."


He wouldn't let this go either! He kept acting like Chad could care less about "his wife."
Where did all this talk about hot lava come from anyway?
Too funny that kid!

No comments: