Monday, March 2, 2009

Feelin' the L-O-V-E...

Okay, I have NO CLUE what I ever did to deserve this but I have had TWO surprise packages at my door within 4 days! Seriously, it's not my birthday or anything! Friday, I got the cute polka dot tin with goodies from one of my childhood friends, Beth. We were inseparable as kids. She moved to Northern California when we were 15. It was horrible. Once we got married we didn't keep in contact like we should have. But she convinced me to start this blog 1 1/2 years ago. We haven't seen each other for at least 8 years! But blogging rekindled that close friendship faster than I thought possible.

Then, tonight, my husband asks me:

"What did you order from ebay?"

"NOTHING. Are you sure it says my name?"
(He just got back in town so he's probably wondering what kind of internet shopping spree I went on.) "Maybe they sent the package to the wrong Amber." (Then I realize how stupid I sounded since you give the shipping address to the people on ebay.)

"Yes. It's for you." He opens the package. "What the heck! How come my friends never send me stuff!" He walks over to me and hands me a small mesh black jewelry bag that as a note: Love, Your Twin.

My twin is my roommate from BYU. People got us mixed up on campus all the time. We both had short blond hair, wore glasses occasionally, and walked around with a really serious look on our face at all times. We laughed at the first couple mix ups not really thinking we looked that much a like. At BYU there were 12 of us friends. So we had to split 6 and 6 and we lived next door to each other. I know, we scored! Anyhow, Jenni lived in the apartment next door. But at least 2-3 times a week we would pass each other on campus and we would be wearing the exact same outfit. No joke. We didn't even shop together. They were clothes we already had. Anyhow, the mix ups kept on coming and we have called each other twin ever since.

Last summer she called me to tell me she was in town. So we planned to meet at the beach. For your information we had NOT seen each other for 3 years. I walked up and by the time we got within 100 yards of each other we were busting up laughing! This is why...
...and our boys were in the EXACT same bathing suit too! Scary, huh?

Back to the mesh bag. I dumped the jewelry out as fast as I could. I screamed! I have always wanted one. Begged for one of these necklaces for Christmas. Chad wasn't having it. "It's just another fad. You never wear that darn charm bracelet you got years ago. I'm not buying you this."
Ha. My husband is jealous of something he wouldn't buy me...okay fine just the surprise gifts. My twin sent me this today...

6 comments:

Feather Fam. said...

LOVE it... have one just like it ;)

Stephers said...

Yeah, remember the 3 redheads and 3 blonds? Fun times! By the way I love that bathing suit... where did you get it?

Jenni said...

I'm so glad you like it!!! I'll be getting one soon---just gotta get a name for this kido first!!! STeph--the bathing suit is from Shade Clothing...they have some really cute new styles this year too!

justnjess said...

ok so cute, you are a great friend that is why you keep getting gifts! I want one of those necklaces so bad! Where can I get one. Ebay???

Tamsyn said...

Hey! I blog stalked you! From Jana's blog! Your family is so cute! and when you say Beth, is that Beth Gould? I love that girl!

Beth said...

I had a necklace just like that, minus the pearl charm, but lost it at girls camp last year! Need to get me a new one!! I loved it! There is a website www.hayjac.com that sells them---just fyi!