Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines

I just finished painting these woods blocks tonight. Just in time for Valentines Day, right? Either I just missed it or I'm way ahead of schedule for next year! I prefer the latter. At least they can sit out for another week or two.

I saw a blog that was selling these. They were on 4x4 canvas'. However, small blank canvas' were $10 each. Way out of my price range. My friend, Natalie, had her husband cut blocks from scraps of wood. 25 cents each. Much better.
Isn't the detail on the side so cute! I L-O-V-E them.

Finished these "XOXO" letter's the day after Valentine's. Whoops. (Thanks Jen and Autie for the idea.)
The sign was done before Valentine's Day. At least I had one decoration up.

The kids and I made a ton of Valentine sugar cookies last week. A long standing tradition. I meant to attach them to a string and do "Jerk Valentines" like my Grandma used to always do. Maybe, next year.

Why the delay in finishing my Valentine's projects? Hmm...maybe because we are hopeless romantics and that came first!

Valentine's Day Schedule:
7:30 - Chad to church to set up chairs for stake conference
8:30 - Chad help family move
9:30 - Chad home. Amber leaves to pick of Chad's mom for a baby shower in Corona.
11:30- Amber leaves Shower. Get's stuck in traffic behind a big accident on the 91.
12:30- Amber runs down the HB pier to meet Chad, the kids, and his brother & girlfriend for an oh so romantic lunch...already in progress.
2:00 - Amber tries to pick up the house a little.
3:45 - Chad goes to Priesthood session of Stake conference.
6:00 - Chad's mom and I make a quick dinner.
7:45 - All of us leave and attend stake conference.
9:30 - Pick up the kids. Come home. Tuck the kids in bed. And I went straight to bed.

Chad mentioned, "Hey Amber..it's Valentine's Day!"

"It didn't feel like it!" And I fell fast asleep.

So much for us being hopeless romantics. Better luck next year.

4 comments:

Brendon said...

That's great! Sounds like our Valentine's Day, too. Brendon studied while I made sugar cookies (that will be even more fun once I have kids).

You are so darn crafty! I should learn a thing or two from you. Your V-day decorations are darling.

Jenni said...

LOVE those wood blocks...too cute! Love the V-day schedule too....sounds as romantic as ours. We took the kids to Costco to grab a few things and then ate dinner at the food court. AHHH...so romantic! =)

Natalie said...

Your blocks turned out so cute! I am jelous that yours are done so early for next year. It must feel good to be so ahead of schedule!

Stephers said...

I love those blocks!