Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Drama Begins...

Picking up Alexis after the 1st day of school:

A huge smile on her face.
Runs to me and gives me a hug.

“How was school Alexis?”

“Good. I made a new friend. Her name is Eva with an E.”


Picking up Alexis after the 2nd day of school:

A huge smile on her face.
Runs to me and gives me a hug.

“How was school Alexis?”

No answer. I look at her. A large tear runs down her cheek.

“Oh, Alexis. What happened?”

“Eva said she didn’t want to be my friend anymore.”


And so it begins.

6 comments:

akamoroti said...

Amber, you can only hope she is half as dramatic as you, lol.

The Prestwich Family said...

o my goodness that is soo sad. Who is this Eva girl? I'll beat her up.

shari berry bo-berry said...

Mean Girls 2: Extended Kindergarten

j/k

Tell Alexis to kill her with kindness!!!!!!!! Don't play that stupid "I don't want to be your friend anymore" game -- she's better than that!

Sarah said...

Ah yes, that happens a lot when they are in school. One minute they are best friends the next they aren't friends anymore. She'll probably be friends with her again before too long.

Beth said...

ooooh Amber!! When girls are mean to my first daughter it is water off a ducks back---she just moves on to someone else. Ella----my, oh, my you can look at her wrong and she crumbles. If you come up with good solutions, send them my way. I feel like we try everything to teach her she's great and what other people think doesn't matter!! It is so sad, when they get so hurt. . . . . over NOTHING! Good luck!

Siri said...

Siri hasn't started kindergarden yet and I feel like it has already begun! Oh WHY?