Saturday, February 21, 2009

Something's Wrong....Amber!

Yesterday, I...

-helped my sister finish picking paints for her house
-decided to pack her pantry without her knowledge (she was running errands)
-felt light headed 3/4 of the way through
-started feeling REALLY nauseous (my sister walked in to find me burying my face in her sink)
-thought I could tough it out but realized I had make a run for it while I still could
-shoved Carter in the car
-my whole body felt like it was shutting down...more than any flu I'd ever had
-called Chad to tell him something seemed wrong
-barely made it to my apartment
-laid on the bathroom floor
-regretted whipping Carter's pee off the floor with ONLY paper towels earlier that morning.
-wanted to puke but for some reason my body wasn't letting me
-I started shaking and within minutes felt my body going in CONVULSIONS. All I could do was moan in pain. It was horrible.
-Carter laid on the bathroom floor, spooning my body to stay close. Kissing my face saying, "Mommy hurt. Mommy hurt."
-I tried to tell him to play with toys in case I was contagious. But he wouldn't leave my side.
-Asked Carter to get the phone. I called Chad. He was already on his way home from work. (I N-E-V-E-R call him when I'm sick.)
-Chad was frustrated I couldn't explain what was wrong with me as I shook uncontrollably on the floor.
-All I could mumble through my moans was, "Maybe, I'm over-reacting!"
-To which he said, "Great. You'll die on our floor because you think you are over-reacting. Something's wrong."
-We picked up Alexis
-Took off to Kaiser urgent-care
-Had to take a pregnancy test first before I could be tested for anything else.
-After an hour...it came back. "Not negative...but not really positive." (What does that mean?)
-2 ultrasound of my uterus, 1 ultrasound of my kidneys
-Conclusive diagnosis (because I couldn't get a cat scan):
KIDNEY STONES
-Basically, it was MISERABLE.

Today, my energy is shot. Even though I went to bed at 6:30 last night. I've been moping around all day trying to get laundry done. I want my energy back. And I NEVER want to feel what I felt yesterday again. NEVER AGAIN!

13 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

oh my gosh! how scary! I am so sorry you went through that! so did you pass a stone? or will you? did they give you medication? at least pain meds I hope!

Feather Fam. said...

Holy Cow... and I was supposed to be with YOU! I could have saved you! I could have snuggled with you and Carter on the bathroom pee floor. I could have taken your kids. I could have, but I let a bad day get in my way (no where near the "bad" you faced).
Oh yeah... so.... are you pregnant? Not positive and NOT NEGATIVE?!?!?!?!
Sorry about the "stones."

Heidi said...

OH my goodnes... so sorry to hear that. I think you are pregnant as well though. thats what they said when I sprained my ankle while playing volleyball (and went to urgent care)... they couldnt tell me either way that I was or wasnt pregnant. Good to hear that they figured out what was wroong.

Beth said...

Ok, wait. . . . so kidney stones and it is just one crappy day where you think you die??? What is going to happen to you? Is it coming back? I cannot imagine the pain! I have only heard....and enough to go to urgent care! I'm so sorry!!!! And, Carter-cutest thing EVER! So sweet. AND, last thing, were you just throwing that whole pregnancy thing in there to leave us hanging or where are we going with that?

Amber said...

Let me clarify. To my knowledge I am not pregnant. I don't understand how a pregnancy test can be borderline. Come on! But in my few ultrasounds (one of which I didn't know was available)...they saw nothing. Both the ultrasound tech and the doctor said there wasn't anything. No baby or start of one. Nor did they find the stones. They said once they pass from my kidneys to my bladder they can't see them any more. Because my white blood cell count was low...the dr. thought I might have already passed them. And they missed it. I'm hoping they are right. The baby thing...I guess I'll keep you all posted. I still have no clue.

Stephers said...

Yikes that sounds awful! My mom had kidney stones and said it was worse than labor pains. I hope you feel better soon!

ashley g. said...

OMG! Aren't those the worst? I had one in high school and they are absolutely wicked. Hang in there. I hope that the stones will dissappear and never return to you.

And the pregnancy test? Talk about nerve-racking inconclusiveness. Hope that you get a little more conclusive with that one soon for your sakes!

akamoroti said...

I hope you didn't miss them already, you need to keep them and save them forever. They look pretty cool.

Jenni said...

WOw--you ar ethe third girl I've known of in the past month to get kidney stones...so weird! Sure hope you never have to deal with that ever again....how awful! Feel better soon twin!

Beth said...

ok, so not on my email right now, but got yours. . . . . absolutely CRAZY, and I am so sorry. It's awful! Still need your #!

Sarah said...

Holy cow! That is scary! Hope you are feeling better.

Becca's Blog said...

I'm so sorry Amber! I am glad you were able to pass them and I am glad you are feeling better. Not fun.

Melanie Jacobson said...

Oh, wow! Sorry you had to go through this. My sister's in the hospital tonight for the same thing so that they can control her pain with medicine before they let her go home. She's never had kidney stones before and I feel so bad that I can't help her. I hope you're feeling better!