Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Pouches

I made these for Alexis' class this week.

Cut each felt piece in thirds length wise with pinking sheers. (the zig zag sissors) Sew a button on the top middle of each peice.

Fold about 1/3 of the felt on itself. With the button on top. Sew the sides with a zig zag stitch. (I back stitched all of the ends because a zig zag stitch isn't strong.)

Cut the top of the pouch with pinking sheers like an envelope. Stuff the pouch with goodies. Attach a tag to the button. (I had Alexis write all the kids names and her name on each tag before she went to bed. I put the tag on before I closed them so the tag wouldn't come loose.)

Cut little hearts out of a different color. Cut a slit in the middle of the heart and the top part of the pouch for the button to fit in. The blog I saw had sewn button holes on the pouch and the heart. It wasn't necessary. Felt is so thick.)

The finished product. 34 in all and I'd do it again.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

You're amazing. I hope I have that much energy and stamina when Kennedy is 5 to make Valentine's for her entire class!

Heidi said...

those are adorable! I love them all! You are so good. Look at what you do with your extra time, and I would be on the computer blog stocking (like I am now). You are miss creative!

Emily C said...

super super super cute. i'm diggin teh felt stuff lately. i want to order some on etsy. do you get yours at like michaels or something?

Jenni said...

These turned out so darn cute AMber!! Love them!

Ashlee said...

WHAT THE #$%@, AMBER! What are you doing to me??? You are killing me with your craftyness!!!

ashley g. said...

I knew I could count on you to create something wonderful for me to attempt in the future. I love how crafty you are! Alexis was the favorite valentine giver this year, I'm sure!!

The Favorite said...

WOW! Those are amazing, lucky kids in her class. You are incredible!

Unknown said...

Amber... will you come live by me!? I am so craft-challenged and you are the QUEEN!

Dixons said...

Who are you!?? Seriously, what can't you do??