Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dying Easter Eggs

We didn't get around to dying Easter Eggs till late last week. The kids loved it but who doesn't love it.
I love the element of surprise upon seeing what we wrote with the white crayon.
I love this picture above because it's so them..silly and giggly!

Carter was surprisingly careful with the eggs.

No surprise here: Alexis...going for the PINK cup!
Notice the wet spot under the yellow cup. How could we not notice that at the beginning?
It took us awhile to see it. We thought it was a spill early on...but later realized there was a hole in the bottom.

Dora stickers for Carter! Every morning he comes into my room and pulls back my blankets all the
way down to my toes (I thought those days were over when I finished early morning seminary in
high school. No one told me it switches from your mother to your children!) After he gets the
covers off, he pulls my arm and says, "Dor-Dor" for me to turn on Dora the Explorer!


Alexis using her creative side...I'd like to think she gets that talent from me!
Now, notice the spot from the yellow cup...WHOOPS!
I guess we were having too much fun to notice the obvious.




The eggs looked fabulous! Too bad the kids didn't like eating the hard boiled
eggs the following morning! Tonight, I called my friend to borrow eggs to make cookies...
because those hard boiled eggs you see above still sit in my fridge and probably will till
we decide to throw them away. Anyways, my friend said I could have her eggs as long
as I didn't care they were colored. She dyed her eggs and didn't boil them because her
kids hate hard boiled eggs and she didn't want to waste them...BRILLIANT, Natalie!
I'm definitely doing that next year...then I don't have to deal with the fact that my eggs
always crack when I boil them and I can actually use them for something.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So much fun! Have you ever tried mashing up the eggs and adding mayo & a little mustard (sometimes I add a little onion salt for more flavor) and putting it on buttered toast, or making it into a sandwich using two pieces of butter toast and the egg stuff in the middle? My kids love it! They don't like hard boiled eggs by themselves either. That's how I get them eaten!

Heidi said...

It was Jackson's first Easter and we didnt even color eggs. But I love the idea of not boiling them. Matt doesnt like them boiled either.
Your kids are too cute! i dont think i saw them at the reception?

Feather Fam. said...

That is a LOT of eggs! Looks like a fun Easter!