Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lost from the River

Finally, finally finally....the sun has appeared! I think the rain got me down. Call me spoiled, whatever you'd like...but whenever I complain about the high cost of living here someone usually always responds, "Yeah, but you pay for good weather year round!" So is it too much to ask for that weather I pay for?

So, with the sun shining we put our bathing suits on, packed up the stroller and walked down to the beach. As we were walking a golf cart passed us on the road. (Not something we commonly see around here) So I definitely expected my kids to think the golf cart was pretty cool and say something. But I didn't expect Alexis to say this:

"Look, Mom! I think it's lost from the river!"

So Dad...would you do me the honors of teaching my child that not all "decked out" golf carts belong at the river! This is one of those times where I think...what a rough life for our kids. They know how to pause the TV and occasionally they freak out and wonder what the heck happened to their show when a commercial comes on! Seriously!


2 comments:

Beth said...

I AGREE!! It makes me wonder how I viewed things as a child, because of the different perspective. The other day as I asked one of my kids to do a job, they responded that I never have to do things I don't want to do. . . . . . . ohhhhhhh. . . . but I couldn't explain to them that I really don't like waking up as early as they do in the a.m., I really don't like uninterrupted sleep either, and sometimes I really don't like making dinner! So, we had a very general conversation about how we all have to do things we don't like to do. Hopefully, the repetitive conversations of teaching them how blessed they are will some day click!

Heidi said...

Ya about pausing the TV or fast forwarding. we dont have tevo on our dish. and one time i was watching a little girl and she asked me to pause her show while she went to the bathroom. I had to tell her that my TV didnt do that. Who knew that, that was one day going to happen... pause the TV.