Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was really low key this year. Usually we do a huge extended family get together but not this year. In the morning we walked & rode our bikes down the 'green belt' to my sister's house and played soccer and football.
Actually, Chad and Alexis played. Carter's face was still really swollen so we made him take it easy. Owen and I hung out on the sidelines with our new puppy, Roxy.
I just made myself fatter on the sidelines as I ate my sister's homemade cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. After that we went home and got ready to go to Chad's parents house to indulge in more food and lounge around. Traditionally, I make homemade rolls but my life got busier than expected so my wonderful sisters pulled through and offered to make me extra batches of rolls while I was at work. How could I decline? I did stay up after we celebrated Chad's birthday the night before and made a Rainbow Jello.
(This isn't my picture...but I thought I'd show you what it looks like if you've never made it. It's time consuming but so yummy and the adults love it just as much as the kids. I always looked forward to having it on Thanksgiving as a kid. The only difference is I do the opposite and put purple on the bottom and red on the top.) Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same without it.

All I have to show for Thanksgiving are these pictures. Pathetic! I need to be better about taking pictures on the holidays.

No comments: