Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Retired"

While I was cleaning teeth this morning...I was thinking how Thursday afternoons become so crazy. Trying to catch up after working 2 days or trying to sneak in a nap from getting up so early. Either way...the kids never have much fun. So I decided to make a picnic basket the minute I got home so when I picked up Alexis up from school I could surprise the kids with a picnic at the park.

When I got home and told Chad...he said he'd like to join us for the picnic too. Bonus.

The kids had smiles on their faces and it made me wonder why I don't do this more often. It's not like it takes a lot of time or cost anything!

So while we were eating and talking about our day I decided to ask the kids a random question.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Alexis: "You know. What you do...clean teeth."

Carter: "A baseball player. But I wonder what Daddy wants to be when he grows up?"

Laughter from Chad and I. (Because apparently working from a home office...doesn't count as a job in a child's eyes.)

Chad: "Retired! That's what I want to be when I grow up."

Carter: "Huh? What's that?"

Alexis: "It means he's "tired" of doing everything!"

Lots of laughter from Chad and I.

Chad: "I guess that's one definition of RETIRED."

Why don't we do this more often? I love laughing.

No comments: