Saturday, January 29, 2011

Alexis' 7th Birthday

We woke her up bright and early before school to give her our present on her birthday, December 8th.
A jewelry box she's been begging for. Now...she just needs some jewelry.
I worked on her birthday AGAIN! Alexis was really upset I was working. And to be honest, I was really frustrated too because it seems I always have to work on my kids birthdays. When my sister found out Alexis was so upset...she volunteered to split 1/2 day if I'd split with her the next week. DEAL! It made her so much happier. I picked her up from school and had her 2 cousins, Emily and Chelsea come home with her. They pretty much played in the jacuzzi all afternoon...it was great.

She really wanted to go OUT to dinner on her birthday. She picked Ruby's on the pier. We never go there so we were surprised she thought of that. It was really good. But how can a dinner not be good when it's paired with a shake? Can you tell she was a happy camper? She and Carter were doing some sort of happy dance walking down the pier towards Ruby's. Then, later that weekend we celebrated her birthday with Chad's family. Alexis got a really cool art set from Chad's parents with chalks and all sorts of fun things. Chad's Dad and sister are incredible artists...so they were showing Alexis all sorts of tricks with chalk.
Wait..Look...my, oh, my...Alexis is in a dress up outfit. A daily occurance in this house!
We celebrated both Chad's sister, Katie's birthday and Alexis' together. Alexis told me what ice cream cake she wanted: Yellow cake, Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch Ice Cream and Chocolate frosting. YUM! I think she enjoyed herself. What we love about Alexis:

-She is often found laughing and giggling. She seems to always get that award at school. I even found a note from a boy at school in her backpack the other day that she had no clue about that said, "Dear Alexis, Why are you always laughing? Love, ----" (I can't remember the boy's name.)
-She is a huge help with Owen. When I was pregnant with Owen and we found out we were having a boy...Alexis threw herself under the dinner table crying. Now, we are having another boy...and her response is typical of her these days: "I don't care if it's a boy or girl...It's a baby and I just can't wait to hold him." She begs to be the one to get Owen out of bed...to feed him and ride him on her scooter. It's the best relief a mother could ask for.
-I can really trust her. She's so good with Owen I know I can leave her in charge of him in the playroom while I get dinner on and she will watch and play with him. She's going to be a great babysitter when she's older.
-School's seems to come pretty easy to her. She's self motivated and does most of her weeks homework in the first night.
-When I pick her up from school she is the last one out. The teacher will call her name a few times before her teacher will either apologize to me or she will tell Alexis she doesn't have to keep helping and that she can go home. Pretty much every time...she is getting all the chairs up and on her hands and knees picking up trash when all the other kids have gone. To be honest...I can wait all day if it's for things like that. It's not because she's in trouble and there's never a reward from her teacher. Her and her cousin do it just because.

We LOVE you Lexi-lou! You make our family happy...and always keep us smiling.

No comments: