Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chad's Birthday

Chad's turned 31 years old two days before Thanksgiving. His brother and sister were coming in town the day after his birthday so he decided he wanted to wait to celebrate it. This was a big undertaking on his part...seeing as I work on Wednesdays (the day he wanted to celebrate). So he made his own birthday dinner and dessert. I planned on helping him out but my help would be limited seeing as Chad was baking from his recipes from his mission to Italy. Unfortunately, for Chad...I was no help since Carter's face swelled up that same morning. (see previous post)

Chad's family came over for an incredible homemade lasagna...it was amazing. Then we got to enjoy Chad's homemade Tiramisu. (But with hot cocoa instead of coffee.) Once again...AMAZING. I should make my husband cook more often. Plus, if you look closely...the kitchen isn't even very messy considering how many different sauces he made from scratch. He's so clean...so opposite from me.
What I love about Chad:

-He is the BEST Dad ever. He's got it down...from playing with them, to helping Alexis with her homework, to cooking, to cleaning, to yard work, to making my things out of wood when I have a project that I don't want to spend a lot money on, to disciplining our kids when they need to be put in line, to making them work out in the yard with him on Saturday's. He's teaching them so many great things that will help them in the future.
-He's a good listener. I guess you'd have to be being married to me. But he doesn't always let me run my mouth...there's always the "Amber, get to the point!" just as I begin. He keeps me in line.
-Owen is absolutely obsessed with him. When I'm not looking he bolts upstairs and bangs on Chad's office door calling "Da-da?" For some reason Owen loves to snuggle up to Chad and watch Dora the Explorer. I keep telling him it's not fair since Owen only wants me when somethings wrong...like in the middle of the night. But Owen has been a Daddy's boy from day 1.
-He's a hard worker. He does yard work every Saturday with no complaints. Not to mention how hard he works trying keep his small business alive in a declining economy.
-He cares about my needs. So often I get so busy...I lose it. Somehow Chad has been able to tap into my needs before I lose it. He's often saying..."Amber, you have to get to bed early tonight!" or he's even handed me the phone..and said "Amber...you need to get out and have a girls night. Go to a movie tonight with your friends! Call them now." You'd think he's say these things as I'm having an emotional outburst or losing my mind...but he has knack for seeing when I'm running myself thin...even before I notice myself.
-He NEVER expects much. Like his birthday for example. For most people that day would have been so frustrating but he never ever complained and was happy with what he got. This is something that attracted me to him in High School. He has always been happy with what he has in life and never complains that he feels jipped.

I could go on but I'll leave it at that. I love him. I love him for his commitment to our family, for the love he shows us, for the example he is to us and for his humble attitude with life.

1 comment:

Feather Fam. said...

Ok... what I got out of this (besides we all love Chad) is that when he hands you the phone for a girls night out, one of the calls needs to be to ME!