Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Advent Calendar

My project this month was trying to make the pottery barn advent calendar myself. It ended up being a HUGE undertaking. I'm pretty good at copying things exactly. It turned out super cute but don't look too close...there are definitely things that aren't straight! The question I get asked most often is if I use my cricut to cut out the felt numbers, etc. And my answer is NO. I haven't forked over the money for the cricut brand felt/fabric yet. To be honest I haven't looked into it much. I do know there aren't all the options in colors I need though. I use my cricut to cut the cardstock and then pin that to the felt and hand cut everything. Now I know why Pottery Barn charges $55! It cost me less than $10 and a ton of time.
Inside each pocket are these little thankful cards. They have circulated all over the blog world. You can print them here. Most people put them in jars. But I just love a cute advent calendar.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

THis turned out GREAT! You should do the Christmas one now...those are the cutest!

{autie} said...

I love it, amber! I'm working on the christmas one right now! you did such a great job...so cute!

Autumn said...

Dude you should sell them, I would buy one!

JS said...

It is so cute! Good job you mom of three, one in school, one in preschool, and a brand new baby! How do you have time!

I think it is darling. I am almost done with the Christmas one from Potterybarn. I only have 4 more squares left! It was fun, but yes, tons of work.

I love that you put those cute papers in each pocket from Sugardoodle. That is the cutest idea I have seen done with those yet!

Ashlee said...

Oh cute! . . . I will just order the one from Pottery Barn. :)

lauren said...

cute! seriously how do you find the time????

Feather Fam. said...

I am going to start putting you on some type of payroll and then I am going to buy all your stuff! You are awesome~