Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

Yes, I love candy. Why do you ask?

The prettiest "Hershey Kiss" I've ever seen.
We re-used Alexis costume from her 4th of July parade. I honestly wrapped two pieces of fabric around a $2 pool floaty from Wal-mart and sewed it together. I used ribbon to cinch the top closed. It deflates flat to store.

As if he needed the title "Big Hunk"...he's always one in my eyes.
I post-poned making his costume thinking I would have my baby earlier. So I had to whip it together on Saturday afternoon. Good thing it was super easy.

Our SWEET little "Candy Corn." I just love the sweet smell of newborns. And I can help but LOVE every second with this little boy. Everything about him makes my heart melt.
After I finished Carter's costume I figured I might as well cut out a few pieces of felt and make a candy corn for Owen's shirt. He needed to join in on the candy fun. I tried taking pictures of him but I think he hated the over-sized felt piece. He tried eating it and then resorted to his fingers instead.

I was happy to not be in the hospital for Halloween. It's bad enough not being able to walk from house to house with them watching the excitement on their face. Owen and I had a relaxing evening...and the kids got me lots of "Snickers" as promised.

Having the kids be candy for Halloween turned out to be IRONIC. That's the same night Owen let me know of my need to give up chocolate completely or else we would be up all night every night because of his tummy aches. Oh well, maybe it will help me slim down a little quicker.


To welcome November...we carved some pumpkins Sunday afternoon. Better late than never. Between Alexis' soccer game and rehearsals for the stake play...we had no time on Saturday.
The kids loved drawing their own faces on these little pumpkins Grandma Pitt picked up for them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so rad you busted out an outfit for owen. He already looks bigger! So cute and the going home outfit is so cute the pants fit perfectly. I think that you should really open that "going home" clothing business.

Ashley said...

Wow, you are amazing. I don't think I would have done anything after just having a baby. Poor Kennedy will be lucky to get a birthday party next year!

Evaly said...

Love the costumes! We still haven't carved our pumpkin- so you are doing better than us. I told my kids we are celebrating Halloween for one more week :)

justnjess said...

So cute, did you really just have a baby last week? Congrats, I havent even talked to you yet. Expect a phone call soon!

Beth said...

Who has a baby and the next day turns around and whips up some costumes???? amazing---and they look adorable, and CONGRATS!!!!

Sheryl said...

You continue to keep us all in awe and amazed!! In the picture of Owen, I could see your dad! Love you sweetie, you are a fabulous mommy to those adorable little ones!