Monday, November 30, 2009

O Christmas Tree

I wish I said "NO" less often. I normally wouldn't let my kids ride on the bottom of a cart. But tonight I didn't care one bit. As Chad was wheeling them with our Christmas tree I had one of those moments where I had this overwhelming feeling of love for them! Glad I had my camera in my pocket to remember it forever.
Decorating the tree.

Owen is not smiling on demand but he will smile randomly. Today, Alexis was holding him and singing her school songs to him and he smiled a couple of times. It seemed coincidental since I still can't get him to smile at me. As we were decorating the tree I was trying to get him to smile for a while to get a picture. NOTHING. I had been trying for a few minutes when Alexis walks over and IMMEDIATELY when she starts talking to him he does this...
You can tell by the way he turns to look at Alexis and Carter when ever he hears their voices that he loves being around them. And now this. Maybe he'll smile at me one day.

2 comments:

justnjess said...

oh how I wish we were in Shorts to go pick out out christmas tree. We are so cold we just pick the first one. I am glad to see that we are not the only ones left to go to Home Depot and get a real tree. I have been tempted, but I feel like it is a huge tradition. cute pics.

Ashlee said...

You look sooo great!!!