Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Good and Bad News...

Bad NEWS first: I got in trouble by my doctor for gaining to much weight already in my pregnancy. It's no surprise to me. I don't watch what I eat when I'm pregnant. I eat WHATEVER I want. And I haven't had a second to work out! No joke. So my...(don't laugh)...9 pound month didn't sit well with my doctor. It's sitting well with me though. Chad doesn't think I'm very funny. I guess I'm not worried because I've done this before...and I work my butt off after and loose it all. Seriously, if you had a constant Rusty METALLIC taste in your mouth...wouldn't you keep eating too even if it helped a little! What a pleasant side effect, huh? The metal taste. It doesn't go good with my profession.

Good NEWS: Our baby boy is healthy and things look good in the ultrasound. Both ultrasounds have measured a week early. I didn't think the doctors would do anything about it. Really, it's always off a little and they never change it. But when the doctor got all the numbers back and she realized they were calculating off a 30 day cycle...and I had been on at most a 26 day cycle...she immediately changed it. WHOO HOO! (Now, that 9 pounds makes sense...there was an extra week in there! HAH!) So, now my official due date is OCTOBER 23. Perfect. The primary program is the Sunday before. I have patients scheduled up to the 22. I'm booked out till baby comes. So my life!

My calendar has been packed. Extremely packed. Even on Sundays. I'm lucky I even get an hour to eat with my husband. Now that our Area Authority had each ward change to having Ward Council EVERY sunday...I'm at the church by 8am. Without children...but trying to get everything laid out for Chad so he can get them ready...and do their hair. Chad has meetings after church. We eat. Then I'm off to 4th of July rehearsal because somehow I agreed to be in charge of the 3-5 year old's. What?

Seriously, my schedule is crazy...It's almost 11pm. I just got back from a 2 1/2 hour presidency meeting for Primary. I've worked from 8-6 the last two days. Here's tomorrow:
5:30am: Get ready for work.
6:30am-12: Work
12:10-1:20: Alexis awards ceremony at school
1:30: Chad's sister's graduation
2-4: CPR training at work
4:30-8: Dress rehearsals for OCMCO

It NEVER STOPS! And one last thing. I just got news our school district passed a vote last night to make KINDERGARTEN a full day now. No early birds or later gators. 8-2 straight. Plus, with the teacher cuts...now it is voted for 30 students to 1 teacher. WHAT? How is 1 teacher going to handle 30 five year old's for 6 hours with NO aide? Do I keep Alexis in this school district?

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Crazy about school thing huh? All districts around here are doing it! My friend has been a public school teacher for 17 years and told me to do private school! So sad huh!!!

Ashlee said...

oh ya that is a hard one? I know Marin couldn't have handled a full five days a week of six hour days!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Amber I love your long stories, & long posts. Oh how I miss you and how you always make me laugh! Congrats on your up coming baby boy! Don't listen to dumb doctors when they say you gain too much weight. At least they didn't tell you to lay off the twinkies...(True statement made to my sister-in-law!) If it makes you feel better I ate 3 chocolate chip cookies before 8:00am! You can't help what your baby wants to be fed! Good luck! Oh and I love your coloring corner, can you make me one. Oh, and don't be so busy you'll wear yourself out.