Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fish Tank Make-over

Chad came up to me with this statement at our Ward Silent Auction last week:
"I think I won a BRIGHT RED bubble gum fish tank."

I'm mean! I responded:
"Chad, if it doesn't fit in a drawer I think you should talk to me!"

So, the next day Carter and Chad picked out a fish for our newly acquired fish tank.

Red is not my color. I've tried decorating with it. It's not me. So, today Chad and I gave it a make-over. I think he didn't fight it because I was upset initially. His usual comment is: "What is your fascination with spray painting everything!" But, instead, he helped me.

What do you think?
So meet the newest member of our family which has TWO names: Sparkle Blue Little Pitt (according to Alexis) and Tank Fish (according to Carter).

If it's going to be on my kitchen counter...it needs to look good. Kind of retro, huh? I LOVE it. I can now thank Chad for his purchase. But that's nothing new. I'm always eating my words!

8 comments:

JS said...

It looks way better. I am glad it got put to good use and "tank sparkle blue fish" will love his/her new home!

CPitt said...

I still don't understand your fascination with spray painting everything

shari berry bo-berry said...

so cute! and that is definitely a color I would have picked! much cuter than red!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! I definitely like the blue! Welcome Home Sparkle Blue Little Pitt Tank Fish!

akamoroti said...

I think it looked better red.

Beth said...

Wow-so cute!! And, I love the whole idea of the fish in a gumball machine--adorable. I am the same with paint. We have a nightstand that was Garrett's grandmas, so we can't give it away. It has probably been painted in different colors and patterns at least 6 times. Paint is the cheapest way to feel like you have a new home!

Katie Jean said...

so funny- i love it! who woulda thought a bubble gum machine fish tank!

Jana Howard said...

Such a small tank would not fit into Loren's vocabulary, so AMBER... COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!! :) I love it! It's so cute!