Friday, September 19, 2008

Alexis the Soccer Star

So, I must admit I was nervous for Alexis starting soccer. It's her first year and I've been wondering what kind of side line mom I would be if I had a "flower picker" for a daughter. Soccer was my life from age 4 till I went to college! So, naturally, I have high hopes that she will grow to love it as much as I did. The first week...she liked it, but hated being scored on...and was extremely upset when the other girls pushed her down. The second week, she started...and this little girl on the other team was a "shirt holder"...at a mere 4 years of age! So, Alexis learned quick last week...get up and fight for it! She's not out of control aggressive...but there is no messing with her anymore! She is a competitive super star. I know this is so bragging...but she seriously runs up and down the field like no other. If the other team has a break away she bolts down...steals the ball from them, dribbles it all the way up the kiddie field...and most of the time she scores. Before the game she told me her goal was to score 6 goals in tonight's game. (because she recalls scoring 5 last week, I recall 3 but who's counting!) We played tonight's team a few weeks ago and they wasted us then. But tonight, Alexis understood the game better and their was no stopping her. I don't think the other team parents realized the wind carried their voices down wind because they were all talking about her and how awesome she was. The parents on my team boosted my pride a little because they keep telling me...we definitely want you guys on our team next year because "this banner rocks and Alexis is awesome. She's in a league of her own and should probably be moved up to the next level." Their words, not mine. Who doesn't like a nice boost! Alexis reminds me so much of my friend Kim (Green) Baugh. We played soccer together since we were 4 and from day one she ran circles around everyone! I'm pretty excited I have a little Kim on my hands! Here's a super short video of one of her goals.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun! I have to say that I can't imagine Alexis playing soccer any other way.

Evaly said...

Just wanted to tell you that we got Pinkalicious from the library and it was a big hit! McKell (and Carter!) love it :)

Jillonnie said...

Great job Alexis!!! Its nice to see your little apple didn't fall far from the tree!