Thursday, April 24, 2008

Doesn't Matter What You Call It

So, I was out running some errands with Carter the other day and I decided to grab him some chicken stars at Carl's Jr. since it was lunch time and I still needed to go to Costco. I got a drink to hold me over. He was eating his chicken stars when he said this:

Carter: "Momma, some yuck."
Amber: "You want some yuck!"
Carter: "Yea. Some Yuck"

I was a little puzzled not knowing what the heck he was talking about. So at the light I turned around and asked him again. This time he said, "some yuck" pointing to the front of the car...I looked to where he was pointing and it was my drink.

Amber: "Carter, you want some of my drink?"
Carter: "Yea, some yuck."

I was laughing so hard. Some of you may have already figured this out...but when a child wants your drink, what parent doesn't give an excuse?. Because lets be honest...no one really wants soggy bread backwash in their drink! Well, as you can tell...our excuse is: "No, you won't like it. It's yucky."

So it really doesn't matter what you call it...THEY STILL WANT SOME!

Isn't it funny how much we under estimate our children. I really thought Carter fell for our excuse. I realized a year ago Alexis had figured us out when we were at Del Taco with the kids. Carter kept trying to get Alexis' drink and she turned to him very seriously and said, " Carter, you won't like it, it's yucky" as she was downing the drink herself. The funny thing is they never said, "No it's not yucky." They just let us think we were fooling them and followed in suit. So basically we were the one's fooled all along.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I love it! I totally do the same thing and I call it "Yucky." I hope my kids don't get that smart.

Beth said...

That is SO funny!!! Quinn, who is 15 mo., can suck the soda through my 44 oz.-er like a pro. Kinda pathetic, but you do what you have to do to get through your day, right?

Feather Fam. said...

Gotta love the yuck...
I have to admit though, I have my kids trained to ask for slurpees...and how can I resist a slurpee? You know me!!!

Anonymous said...

That is such a funny story!!