Saturday, April 2, 2011

Perspective & Change

Isn't it amazing how something can happen within a day and it changes your feelings about something in an instant. Well, that happened to me on Wednesday. I've been so ready to have this baby. For the first time, I never got that nesting phase for my last month of pregnancy. It was awful. Luckily, Chad has started nesting for us. If I listed all the things he's just done without me asking it might bore you...but it's a lot...and it's made me super happy because I've been really frustrated with how tired I am all the time.

Anyhow, I'm ready...but my house may not be. Sunday night, Owen had some goop in his eyes...so I immediately called my brother and made him prescribe me pink eye medication. It looked like he could possible be coming down with it and that is the last thing I need with a newborn. Monday morning Carter woke up with it too. By Tuesday, both their eyes where clear. The medicine worked fast and we continued to give it to them to make sure it was gone.

Wednesday, I went to work. When I picked up Owen from Chad's mom's house...he looked terrible. Probably, up there with the sickest I have ever seen one of my kids. His eyes were swollen...with nasty thick yellowish green goop in his eyes, he had a fever, was grumpy, wouldn't eat and looked down right awful. I immediately called to get him into a pediatrician that night. I had to drive over 30 minutes to get him in that night but I didn't care. It was torture. I was due in 2 days. I had worked 9 hours. And now all he wanted was for me to hold him while he cried. Not to mention his fever was making me so hot I wanted to pass out. Unfortunately, he had come down with a quick onset of Bronchiolitis. Every time he coughed more of that nasty goop would come out of his eyes. It was disgusting. He had to get a thick shot in his thigh because he had a bad ear infection too. That needle was so big. I felt bad for him...and that is coming from someone who gives people injections all the time. It looked way too big! He is on oral steroids, eye drops, breathing treatments and of coarse IB profin. Luckily, I was able to choose to have the shot so we didn't have to give him antibiotics every day. He's horrible with taking medication. Oh and...the Dr. warned us...he CAN NOT be around a newborn for 10 days.

So within hours of getting home from work...I went from wanting this baby to come out asap...to wanting him to stay in there for at least a week. It took every ounce of strength I had left in me that day to not start crying. Luckily, for me...the baby decided it's best to stay put...and the due date has passed and he's still not here. I never in a million years thought I'd be happy about that...but I really am.

3 comments:

Amber R. said...

Darn it! Sorry to hear about the bad timing! I hope everything works out with the new little one and your sick boys.

{autie} said...

hang in there, girl!

Britni and Owen said...

Amber, I forgot you were pregnant! That means we live too far away. OK, or I'm a bad friend. Poor Owen and poor you. How stressful! I hope everything goes well when your new addition arrives. I really do love you regardless of my absent mindedness.